El Canario hotels?

bethaniesmom

As you may be aware, there are three El Canario's.

We've stayed at El Canario by the Sea twice, and it's a good basic hotel property in our opinion. Fresh fruit and pastries for breakfast, as I recall. We would definitely consider them again in the future.

I've also walked past the other two properties. Of the three, and judging just from the outside now, I would pick the El Canario Inn.

The location of all three is great, and there are plenty of fast food places and a Walgreen's nearby.

My husband and I are book at the EL Canrio by the sea? Did you use the beach? If so how was it? I hear you can take the bus that is .50 to the Old San Juan. Did you do this or go by taxi? We have this booked for April. We wanted old San Juna but I am not paying $200 or more. I got this hotel for $129.

Lexi

Hi!

I have stayed at the El Canario and the El Canario by the Sea. If you keep your expectations low these are fine properties. Basic, clean and quaint! The beach is just outside the door and about 20 feet from El Canario by the Sea. It's about a two block walk from El Canario.

There is also another property I can recommend, Tres Palmas. This small hotel is in the neighborhood between Isla Verde and Condado. It is right across the street from the sea, but you would need to walk about three blocks for beach access. There about 14 rooms. They have a small pool. The management is wonderful! If you decide to try I would ask for a room in the back, less street noise.

We stayed in the third one, El Canario by the Lagoon, last year, for $90.

Not bad, clean rooms, basic, with a decent continental breakfast. Condado is a pricey neighborhood, and we thought it was a good value considering all.

Archived