Maine Lobster Rolls

Krazy Kruizers

We were in Kennybunkport (?) a few years ago and had a lobster roll - yummy.

We will be in Bar Harbor in August and would like to know where we can get a real lobster roll??? We aren't interested in the ones that have mayo and celery added to them - nothing more than a lobster salad on a roll.

Thanks

We were in Kennybunkport (?) a few years ago and had a lobster roll - yummy.

We will be in Bar Harbor in August and would like to know where we can get a real lobster roll??? We aren't interested in the ones that have mayo and celery added to them - nothing more than a lobster salad on a roll.

Thanks

Um, that is a lobster roll. It should be lobster meat, a little bit of mayo, a little bit of celery on a toasted and buttered hot dog roll. Thats a new england lobster roll.

If I recall correctly (since 2005), there was a small sandwich shop right at the Bar Harbor dock that served a pretty decent lobstah roll and soup (at least as far as this "flatlander" felt).:)

Ask for Lazy Lobster - in a roll, Perhaps they might do that .... (Its just the meat without anything else) Doesn't hurt to ask, most people will try to be helpful.

PS - It might be more expensive as there wouldn't be the "filler" Jan

Thanks everyone. I can't have mayo anymore so it looks like I will be out of luck. DH can have one though.

Some places serve it this way, often with a squirt of lemon and mayo on the side. Ask around in port and I think you'll find it....

Hi...

We just returned from Bar Harbor. I highly recommend "The Lobster Claw" (takeout...but there are a few tables and chairs there.) at 54 West St. This is close to the ship. They advertise "Always fresh picked lobster"

The have 3 kinds:

* Traditional - fresh meat lightly touched with mayo

* A Natural - just fresh lobster meat

*Bread and Butter - lobster meat drizzled with real melted butter

It was delicious!!!!

Ask for Lazy Lobster - in a roll, Perhaps they might do that .... (Its just the meat without anything else) Doesn't hurt to ask, most people will try to be helpful.

PS - It might be more expensive as there wouldn't be the "filler" Jan

Just wanted to say HI! Don't know you, but will be back HOME on june 17 for a few days. My Dad is still near Husson and is 92!! I'm putting my order in for warm dry weather! Do you cruise much? Hope to get some lobstah while there and of course hit Governors!

Hope you enjoy being home! It was in the 90's for a few days, but it's going to be in the 50's this week (but that's Maine weather).

We just found cruising back in 2003 - and this summer will be our 3rd .... In between times we've been known to sit in the park at Bar Harbor and watch all the cruise ships and the tendering process. I really would like to stop each and every one to say hi and welcome.

You can always get your lobster (or at least a roll) at Governor's ... I'm still mad at them for changing the type of cheesecake they serve (about 8 years ago) ... its now the standard heavy style ... do you remember their homemade cheesecake? love their homemade breads.

Wow - 92! Amazing ... have a wonderful time being home and visiting with your dad.... and when you drive by the "tree street's" make sure you wave "hi". Jan

Aw, c'mon guys. Knock it off. All this talk about lobstah, clams and fresh corn makes me homesick. We (DW and I) lived in Rumford and we used to frequent the lobstahmen and woman in Harpswell and buy their lobstahs and eat them 'til we could'nt eat any more (a bushel at a time). Used to drink a lot of beer and then lay on the rocks in Cundy's habah and hope to get hit by a bolt of Lightening.

Jan in Maine, I hope you enjoy living in Bah Habah by the lobstah butts (boats)

Hi...

DH had mayo and I had butter....actually we shared -- all lobser meat and the roll is an appropriate size! Not a giant roll and small amount of lobster. Both were excellent. It is carry-out with a few small tables.

Jayne

Archived