Is Millie Fixed?

lansonlady

MMmm....We will be waiting for her in Venice on 05/08. I suppose I am starting to feel a little nervous as we leave for Venice in less than a week and I'd like a little reassurance that we will be travelling to Barcelona by ship and not by plan b - ie backpacking! I've got far too old for that again! - although my Husband and kids are up for it!:eek:

Thankyou for your kind words AFTfuzzy - I hope you have a great time too:D

I've missed the Millie view from the Concordia - I reckon it must have set sail now as the view from the aft is sea! - but thanks for the suggestion cruiselswhere - I'll visit that website again.:D

Does anyone know if any other repairs were made since the Millenium was "drydocked" due to the propeller problems. I heard that she was going to receive a top to bottom cleaning. Was anything else done? New Carpets - furniture etc.

Does anyone know if any other repairs were made since the Millenium was "drydocked" due to the propeller problems. I heard that she was going to receive a top to bottom cleaning. Was anything else done? New Carpets - furniture etc.

Nothing else was scheduled, I'm assuming it's because this was an unscheduled drydock and they wanted her back in the water ASAP. We were on the 6-30 sailing and the carpets and furniture looked fine to me. I heard a lot on here before we sailed about worn carpets, but I didn't see one worn area on Millie. Of course, I tend to look up and not at my feet all day.

Hi!! It is me Rebeccalouise. I had to reregister on here because my password wasn't working. Very frustrating.

Anyway- I am happy to announce that we set sail yesterday on the Millenium. There was no problem with lines in Barcelona. It was easy getting on the ship. The ship is in great shape and is sailing very smoothly.

I spoke with Ianita in the Spa yesterday and she said some of the crew was transferred to other ships, some remained on board and they are picking up more crew in Villefranche. I do notice that there seems to be less crew than normal.

As for the food- good but nothing special so far.

Dancing in Rendevous Lounge and Cosmos was non- existent. Only one couple all evening. I finally danced with my step-mother! We had fun. Hopefully more dancers tonight. Am going to a 2:30 Swing class to see if there are any dance hosts on board.

My stateroom (balcony 6111) is lovely. The beds are sooo comfortable. It is made up into a kingsize and there is no noticeable seam down the center. Slept like a log. Linens are new too. Bathrooms need to be redone. Nothing terrible but they are looking dated. My parent's sky suite is lovely- I'm a bit jealous. It is twice the size of my room but I knew that in advance.

Internet is slow but better than on some ships. It is 65 cents per min. unless you get a package. I am paying 48 cents per min.

Carpeting is in good shape but there is some wear and tear on the stairs by the aft elevators- very minimal.

The weather here is fantastic. Today it is about 70 degrees and sunny. We spent three days in Spain prior to cruising and it was gorgeous. Great weather for sightseeing. Madrid is a beautiful city (we flew into Madrid and took the train to Barcelona). I much prefer it to Barcelona.

Anyway, if you have any more questions- I'll be checking back later.

Ciao for now!

Hello Rebeccalouise,

Thankyou for posting... you have given me just the reassurance I needed:D Its put a spring in my step to start packing!

Have a wonderful cruise and please post any info you think might be valuable to us -

Thank you again,

Lansonlady x

Hi Rebecca Louise..we've already contacted each other because you and we are going to be on the Qm2 immediately after your cruise on ML.....we'll want to know if X have supplied any dance hosts for your dance opportunity in the rendezvous..just to clear up that question as we understood X was not going to employ them any longer???. Also we wanted to know if they filled in the hole above the rendezvous dance floor where you can look down from the Platinum club above???

I just had an email yesterday from a friend just off the Qm2..there are 6 dance hosts on that ship! I know how keen you are to enjoy dancing so hope that helps! Hopefully we'll see you soon!

Hi Rebecca Louise - Glad things are going well and on schedule. Hope you have a fabulous time. One question, have they filled in the hole over the Rendezvous dance floor? We were on Infinity in June and they had the hole filled in and we really liked it as it was more quiet in the Champagne/Martini bar and they were able to have a string quartet entertaining us for cocktails.

We'll be on Millie in November - can't wait.

Hi Rebecca Louise - Glad things are going well and on schedule. Hope you have a fabulous time. One question, have they filled in the hole over the Rendezvous dance floor? We were on Infinity in June and they had the hole filled in and we really liked it as it was more quiet in the Champagne/Martini bar and they were able to have a string quartet entertaining us for cocktails.

We'll be on Millie in November - can't wait.

As of the 6/30 sailing, there was still a hole in the floor. They did not close it up.

There are no dance hosts on the cruise:( . I wasn't expecting it but it would have been nice. According to the gal at the front desk they don't have them on Med. cruises but do on the cruises with more sea days.

Last night we went to the Rendevous Lounge. My Dad and I danced on the empty floor and really started things going- the dance floor was packed after that. Nothing was going on in Cosmos at 9:30 and we packed it in around 10. Not much nightlife I expect with so many people getting up early for excursions.

Well.. I am off to Villefranche. Bon Jour for now.

I forget the name of the Captain. Will post that info when I get back.

When I was on Century last year X did have Dance Hosts but when I was on Millennium in March/April. there were none. I don't know the reason for this but Dave one of the Dance Hosts on Cunard had moved over to QM2 and had previously worked on Celebrity cruises.

He says that they have to double up so even with 6 hosts aboard it means that it is only the loss of 3 rooms.

For the first time I did enjoy the opportunity of dancing and the Queen's Room on QM2 is large which makes it easy to dance in. Going on Century again in October and I have nothing booked beyond this.

After this experience I would be open to cruising on some other Cruise Lines but I would still be particular about which I would lines I would choose.

Glad that you are having a good holiday and I am sure that you are having better weather than here in the UK. Heavy showers again today.

Sue

Not sure what is happening but just got a crazy message-

Anyway, very hot here at the moment. Villefranche is very nice. Took the train to Monte Carlo- worth it but it is a bit confusing with the trains- allow for plenty of time returning to the ship (two hours before sailing).

Someone asked me about the Captain- he is Michael Karatzas. We have had some medium swells and he and the ship have handled beautifully- no motion to speak of. For those worried about seasickness- fear not. It is like glass (at least so far).

Everyone is worried about the "heat wave". It is getting very warm here. I'll keep you posted.

Went to Ianita in the spa- very nice to see her and get a great reflexology foot massage. Going to her for a regular massage next week.

All is well on the Millenium!

Bon Jour!

Rebecca Louise ~ great to hear from you and glad you are having a good time on Millie. I think the Med cruises are hard to get a lot of evening activity in the lounges because people are so tired from the intensive port itineraries. I'm sure you and your dad are becoming the life of the party. Good for you!

I've asked to have log in problem checked. If I find out anything, I'll let you know. Thanks for taking the time to post and share info on Millie. I know everyone is anxious to hear how she is doing!

ENJOY

• Administrators
Hi!! It is me Rebeccalouise. I had to reregister on here because my password wasn't working. Very frustrating.

It always is a "cookie" issue. When you get back send me an e-mail and we'll fix everything. Have a great time, and keep those reports coming!

Laura

Rebecca Louise Bon Jour

I am glad that you are having a wonderful time. The med is one of my favorite cruise ports. Glad that the Millie is up to sailing again. Have a great trip, keep up with the dancing & get them out on the dance floor.

Thanks for posting live.

Bona Sera!

It is quite hot here in Italy but we had a wonderful time on our excursion today to the Cinque Terre-

For anyone going to Europe this year- I highly recommend this tour. It was wonderful. You have a great panoramic bus ride to La Spezia- then a boatride to the first of the 5 villages. Then a 1K walk to the second village, another boat ride and another boat ride to the last village. It is just breathtaking! Even the hairpin busride back is worth the trip. For $ 129 per person- this is a deal! Go!

Of course we are exhausted from the heat and I am headed for bed soon.

For parents- I have left my 6 year old on board the last two days and have no regrets. He is more than happy to be with the kids in the Fun Factory. He has been there since 9:30 this AM and it is now 9:45PM! I keep checking on him and he has no desire to go with me. He is in heaven. I figure- why drag him on these excursions when he isn't that interested in sightseeing and I am. It's a win-win. Don't fret over it.

Tomorrow we are all staying on board- we've been to Rome before and it is just too hot right now. Besides we are going to Pompeii on Sunday-so will rest up for that.

Millenium is great. Not too much nightlife but I understand why. Too much sun and excursions. We are looking forward to enjoying the empty ship tomorrow.

Ciao for now!

For parents- I have left my 6 year old on board the last two days and have no regrets. He is more than happy to be with the kids in the Fun Factory. He has been there since 9:30 this AM and it is now 9:45PM! I keep checking on him and he has no desire to go with me. He is in heaven. I figure- why drag him on these excursions when he isn't that interested in sightseeing and I am. It's a win-win. Don't fret over it.

Ciao for now!

Rebecca Louise,

Glad to hear Millie's doing well. We sailed on her in May. I agree that the Fun Factory program is wonderful. Our 11 year old son couldn't wait to get back from the excursions and into the program. Say hello to Dave and the staff for us!! :)

Frederick

Thank you for your continued 'live' chats. I enjoy hearing about your experiences which I will hopefully share in October. Can you tell me which nights are formal? I want to make reservations in the Specialty restaurants ahead of time and thought formal nights might be a good time to do so.

I was also thinking about taking the Cinque Terra tour and now, thanks to you, I will.

Bon Gourno!

Since we have all been to Rome before we decided to just relax today and enjoy the ship. What can I say? Wonderful ship- great service, etc.

Weather is sunny and very warm.

BarbaraB2..

The formal nights on this voyage are the sea day evenings- if that helps. We are going to the Olympic Restaurant tonight. This is a first for me and have heard many good things. Will let you know about my experience there.

Last night I had the best thing I have ever had in the Metropolitan Restaurant- it was pears and gorgonzola wrapped in phyllo pastry- yum! Try it.

Well, I am going to go dancing now- with my Dad and stepmother and then to the Olympic.

Tommorrow is Pompeii with my son. It will be the first time he has been off the ship. We have been on now for four days!

Bon Sera!

Archived