Mr. Clean

johnnycruise

Thanks for the link johnnycruise.

Glad to know everything is spic and span on SD1!:D

The constant cleaning on SD is quite amazing and reassuring. Haven't seen anything comparable on the mass market lines. Though I would settle for a few points lower if that meant we could get Eggs Benedict in the US (maybe that's another one of our lovely agencies that likes to tell us what we can and cannot eat). All I know is that we were all very sorrowful when we couldn't get Eggs Benny in Miami or St. Thomas.

FT.

Vandrefalk & Mr. Avery

The explanation I received is that whatever US govn't agency has jurisdiction over the cruise lines prohibits the use of "undercooked" eggs as an ingredient Since Hollandaise sauce is not supposed to boil (mine always curdles . . . ) we need to be protected from the dangers of ingesting even a bit of "undercooked" eggs. I guess this rule protects us from the risk of salmonella or other food poisoning :rolleyes: . . . hmmm, I've always found that enough alcohol kills every "bad" bacteria or germ - even in tainted oysters. I guess I lead a dangerous life because I eat my eggs runny.

I've never been in San Juan on SD, but I've never been able to get Eggs Benedict in Miami or St. Thomas (and I try every time) on SD and always get the same explanation. Since I can't get a rare hamburger in NC unless the restaurant grinds the beef on site but I can get steak tartare, the SD explanation sounds reasonable to me . . . especially since they would be regulated by the feds, not state authorities that regulate restaurants.

If you are successful in getting Eggs Benedict in San Juan or Miami or St. Thomas --- please post- I will definitely keep on trying. :cool:

FT

Archived