What comes after the Tallinn Walking Tour?

You may have seen the Tallinn Walking Tour at http://www.*****.com/tallinnwalk.html

Now there is a third one in this series about Amsterdam. It also has a map and lots of pictures. It starts at the train station and makes a loop via the Ann Frank House. If you are interested go to:

http://www.*****.com/Amsterdam.html

Thanks so much for posting this link. I've printed out and it's lovely. Just in time for my trip next week.

A month or so ago, we printed the one for Bruges and are taking that one with us as well.

Thanks so much for posting this link. I've printed out and it's lovely. Just in time for my trip next week.

A month or so ago, we printed the one for Bruges and are taking that one with us as well.

Have a great trip and enjoy Amsterdam.

I have made a few minor additions to the web site, but the main walking tour still remains the same. So don't recopy, but just have a look at the additions. They are primarily about a slight detour to see the Amsterdam Chinatown and the New Market area, plus some links to more web sites there.

http://www.*****.com/Amsterdam.html

Thanks ever so much for these. I had been a little perturbed that our Baltic cruise next year gets into Amsterdam at 12 noon, but realise now that we will be lucky enough to enjoy entering Amsterdam through the canal as well as leaving.

My daughter (who will be 16 at the time of the cruise) did a school projet about Anne Frank and is fascinated by her story, so having the chance to visit the house will be a Godsend to her.

Spending six hours or so in Amsterdam is like spending two days to see all of Ireland. NOT ENOUGH TIME.

But by all means go see the AF house. I suggest that you take a tram from the cruise terminal (#25 or 26) then transfer at the Centraal Station to either #13 or #17. When you get off at the Westermarkt you are right at the Westerkerk and only a block away from the Ann Frank House.

Anyone, including the first tram conductor, can help you with the 'strippenkaart' (tram ticket) and show you where to get off. Just have a few euros on hand.

But be sure to make a tour reservation before hand. I included the web site for that in my description of the walking tour. I believe they go on an hourly basis such as 1:30 or 2:30 pm.

Afterwards you can walk back by following the route I describe in reverse. It is only a little over two kilometers.

Have a great time and I hope your daughter will get a lot out of seeing the cramped quarters where Anne, her family and friends lived for so long.

Sorry, the distance of two kilometers is only to the train station. You should count on another ten minute walk to the cruise terminal.

Thanks. I do have that Brugge walk. I now realize your walk and that one are one and the same. I am still trying to figure out the walk from the ship to the Dorp staion. We will be there in June and will use the Dorp station. The directons say to turn right from the dock but looking at the map of the harbor it does not seem that this is correct. Is just looking for the water tower and walking that direction going to get me there? I just realized this is the Copenhagen thread. Please forgive me for writing about Brugge. Feel free to answer on your Brugge page. I will find it.Thanks.

Thanks. I do have that Brugge walk. I now realize your walk and that one are one and the same. I am still trying to figure out the walk from the ship to the Dorp staion. We will be there in June and will use the Dorp station. The directons say to turn right from the dock but looking at the map of the harbor it does not seem that this is correct. Is just looking for the water tower and walking that direction going to get me there? I just realized this is the Copenhagen thread. Please forgive me for writing about Brugge. Feel free to answer on your Brugge page. I will find it.Thanks.

The last I heard from Zeebrugge was that in June the train station is in the viilage of Zeebrugge (Dorp). I know there was confurion about this before, but go to the end of the following thread (just before your last entry).

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=729073

I sure hope you will find it, but if nothing else, ask someone after you get off the ship. Have a great trip, Cadreamer.

• 8 months later...
Brought forward (don't want to lose it but don't have time to read/print it out right now and want to look at it later... hope that's okay.)

It fine with me!! :D We'll be in Tallinn and this is just what I was looking for. Thanks for bringing the thread back.

• 3 years later...

Archived