Can adults get a non-alcoholic

heather_b

Shouldn't be a problem. If a bartender says no just go to a different one and try again.

Is that Yes to both questions? Adults and children under 13 can get the non-alcoholic smoothie package. I know I look young for my age (OK be quiet fluffy0712 :rolleyes:) but I don't think I can pass for 17 ;)

Thanks for being so helpful. :D

I tried to buy a Smoothie package for myself but couldn't since I'm not in the right age-range but I have heard that if you buy a package for a teen, anyone can use the tickets.

another qusetions (sorry I have so many). Can I buy more than one package for a teen? Who's to say a teen would drink 20+ on a 7 day cruise because you get the "tickets" not a wristband right?

another qusetions (sorry I have so many). Can I buy more than one package for a teen? Who's to say a teen would drink 20+ on a 7 day cruise because you get the "tickets" not a wristband right?

I don't think there would be a problem in buying more than 1 package but those drink are definitely loaded with calories, I know I couldn't drink 20 of those drinks on a 7-night cruise.

If I were you, I would start with 1 package and buy another one along the way if needed (even divided by 3 people, it gives you one drink per day each).

I don't think there would be a problem in buying more than 1 package but those drink are definitely loaded with calories, I know I couldn't drink 20 of those drinks on a 7-night cruise.

If I were you, I would start with 1 package and buy another one along the way if needed (even divided by 3 people, it gives you one drink per day each).

but I wanted to know just in case. Thanks.

What is the cost of the Smoothie package?

Teen Passport Program - $34.50

(13-17 Years of Age)

20 non-alcoholic drinks, including non-alcoholic smoothie in a 12-14 oz. glass The teen and a guest are entitled to an afternoon dance party with the D.J., pizza and unlimited non-alcoholic drinks

The Teen will also receive an invitation to a "Farewell Frat Party" on the last evening of the cruise. Passports are not replaceable if lost.

***Purchase of this package does not serve as the required registration for the Teen Program's activities. A parent or guardian must register their teen by seeing any member of the youth staff once onboard.

Sounds very much like the soda card program. Can adults (ages 30 and 32) get this type of card for the Smoothies only.

No, it's not like the soda package. The soda package is a per person option for unlimited fountain soda. The smoothie package is for a specific number of non-alcohol beverages, including soda and smoothies, and has a book of tickets. One book can be shared by multiple people because it is a set number of items.

beachchick

so my son is 11, can we purchase one for him, or do you have to 13?

He said "Shouldn't be a problem. If a bartender says no just go to a different one and try again. "

Both my children are younger - but I don't see why they wouldn't let you its not like you are trying to get it for an adult - right! Good luck. If I can't from mulitple places I'll get a teen in my group to purchase it.

• 2 weeks later...
He said "Shouldn't be a problem. If a bartender says no just go to a different one and try again. "

Both my children are younger - but I don't see why they wouldn't let you its not like you are trying to get it for an adult - right! Good luck. If I can't from mulitple places I'll get a teen in my group to purchase it.

I wonder do they check for ages to see if you fit into the age category this would be great for DH since he does not drink alcohol?

I wonder do they check for ages to see if you fit into the age category this would be great for DH since he does not drink alcohol?

I would like to purchase it for my DS (2 yo), because he never drinks soda (just juice and water).

Can I buy it on board or do I have to order it in advance?

The first time we cruised with our kids, they were 18 & 20. We asked the bartender if we could get the smoothie package for them and he said "sure" -- so we got two. It took us two cruises to use up the majority of the coupons (I've still got about 3 somewhere....), even with 4 of us sharing the coupons. The smoothies are delicious, but filling, and with all the food on the ship we just couldn't use them up.

Now, when we were on the Jewel a couple of years ago, my DH and I happened to be on the deck as they were setting up the cart by the pool to sell them. There were 2 crew members -- one obviously a supervisor -- and he was stating rather emphatically to his employee that they were to be sold ONLY to teens. Whether they really adhered to that policy, I don't know.

Like OhioNCLCruiser said, if one bartender tells you no, try another one. I'm pretty sure that you can't order them in advance if you're not in the right age group, but I don't think they enforce it as rigorously on the ships.

Why wouldn't they offer it to adults? I don't drink alcohol, so they don't get money from me that way but they can get money from me for the smoothie package. They should offer a non-teen one for all interested.

Why wouldn't they offer it to adults? I don't drink alcohol, so they don't get money from me that way but they can get money from me for the smoothie package. They should offer a non-teen one for all interested.

They're a good enough deal that they're probably trying to limit the amount of people buying their non-alcoholic drinks that way. You can always buy a smoothie (or virgin cocktail) at the bar. The cost of the coupons ends up being less than $2 per drink -- while the cost of the same drink at the bar ends up being at least double that. It's probably the same reason that they don't sell coupon books for alcoholic cocktails for adults -- $$$$!

We are just off the Gem and got the smoothie package even though we have no teens. We never had a problem using it. Used it for the kids as well as for ourselves.

Grace

Thanks. I'll be getting this for my kid(s) - better than soda (for me at least - I don't like soda).

Archived