Something New?

sea_u_onboard

We have been to Grand Cayman four times. First time did the beach club package through the ship – what a waste of money. Second time we did a little shopping and were back on board early. Third time we were with family and did the stingrays. Forth time went to the public beach and the Hard Rock Cafe. Now we will be there again in August and we’re looking for something different to do. We have another couple coming this time that is new to the group and they will probably go on the stingrays with someone who didn’t go the last time – so it will probably just be our family – me, my DH and two sons (18 & 14 by then). DH did the island tour with the youngest son last time – it’s something the older son and me are not interested in.

I’m at a loss as to what to do this next time – Any suggestions – besides finding a new cruise route?

I wish Carnival would change up the itineraries for New Orleans.

Do a discover scuba adventure. Grand Cayman is probably the easiest place to so it. The water is warm, there is good visibility, and usually no current to speak of. There are plenty of dive shops that offer a discover scuba (also known as a resort course). Two that are very close to where the tenders dock are Abanks diving and Edenrock Divers. I think both offer it.

Do a discover scuba adventure. Grand Cayman is probably the easiest place to so it. The water is warm, there is good visibility, and usually no current to speak of. There are plenty of dive shops that offer a discover scuba (also known as a resort course). Two that are very close to where the tenders dock are Abanks diving and Edenrock Divers. I think both offer it.

I agree with bruce-r.... a few years ago we hit Grand Cayman, and walked over to the Eden Rock shop as they allow snorkelers to use their access to the water. Saw a 'discover scuba' group down below us as we floated the surface. It looked like so much fun, my DH wanted to try, but they were booked for the day. Well, it took some time, but we got certified back home, and on the next cruise, we got to dive Eden Rock - was fun & very easy. We are now both diving addicts, and are hoping to shore dive at the Turtle Farm next time. I would bet the 14 & 18 yr olds would love it!!

• 3 weeks later...

Try Snuba! We have done it twice as a family and loved it! You can read more about it at http://www.snuba.com. Kirk Sea Tours is who you would contact in GC to do it. Book it on your own, as you can probably get it cheaper than through the cruiseline. http://www.kirkseatours.com They are steps away from where you are tendered into in Georgetown. They will take you to a shipwreck and you will see tons of cool stuff. Make sure to bring an underwater camera!

Archived