Chances on getting to CocoCay

I am leaving on the Monarch of the Seas on 9-21. I have read alot on here about not getting to CocoCay due to bad weather. Just wondering if anyone has any ideas about percentages of how often this happens in September? I know it's the height of hurricane season, so I guess we are just taking our chances anyway, lol!!! Any insight would be helpful, thanks!!!

This has happened to us one time and we have done the nassau/coco cay itin three times. There was a thread about this several months ago and if i remember correctly, the chances of the seas being so rough that they cant tender to coco cay increase as we get later in the year. For us, it was the late november cruise that didnt get there. There was also a Carnival ship next to us (you can see their private island from coco cay) and they were not able to get in either.

Odds are 50/50..plain and simple..............You never know what the weather is going to be like......I have been scheduled to go to CocoCay maybe 25 times..........really only missed a few,but there was no rhyme or rhythm to when that was..........You can get nasty rain storms anytime of the year..

This has happened to us one time and we have done the nassau/coco cay itin three times. There was a thread about this several months ago and if i remember correctly, the chances of the seas being so rough that they cant tender to coco cay increase as we get later in the year. For us, it was the late november cruise that didnt get there. There was also a Carnival ship next to us (you can see their private island from coco cay) and they were not able to get in either.

NCL's island is right next to CocoCay.........is Carnivals' there too???????

NP~~I have no clue where HMC is............:o

You can see it if you know where to look. Oddly, when we were at HMC, we could see CC more easily. :confused: Likely, because HMC wasn't all that nice and we were recalling the upgrades to CC.

You can see it if you know where to look. Oddly, when we were at HMC, we could see CC more easily. :confused: Likely, because HMC wasn't all that nice and we were recalling the upgrades to CC.

Yea,I knew I could google it.my point was I dont cruise Carnival(well,once and for the record,it was fine and I would cruise them again) so had no clue if it was near CC or not........:)

Yes, it's beautiful. I like what CCL did with the port. You can get off the ship and right into a beach chair (there's a margaritaville and a shopping village, as well as a pool and the ocean) or you can go on excursion. The water is amazing. For about a half mile out, it's very shallow and then it drops to 7000 feet.

There is a great Princess itinerary we'll take one day that is St. Martin, St. Thomas, Grand Turk and Princess Cays.

leaving on the Monarch on 9/14. If Cococay or Nassau are skipped due to weather...what happens? sea day? san juan?

If it's just skipped due to weather that day, it would be a sea day. SJU is too far to get to and get back from. if the cruise is in the path of a hurricane and needs to divert, they sometimes go to Key West.

leaving on the Monarch on 9/14. If Cococay or Nassau are skipped due to weather...what happens? sea day? san juan?

Nassau is a dock port so VERY rare to miss that one. Coco Cay requires a tender and sometimes the weather just doesn't cooperate. If they know in advance the weather will be bad, they might stay in Nassau some extra time. If not, like us, you'll get a sea day.

Nassau is usually never ever skipped.............If you dont make CocoCay on your 4 nighter,chances are you'll go to Nassau that night(Tuesday around 6pm)......spend the night and leave nassau as usual on Wed night............the captain will probably try for CocoCay on Thursday.............if you cant make it then,it will be a sea day..

Missing CC will turn into a Sea Day full of all sorts of added activities. If it happens they will walk around on ship and hand out a new schedule of events. Happened on my last Bahamas cruise-then at 1pm they opened up CC and allowed us to go ashore. So it was a port/sea day in one! ;)

Archived