Drastic price reduction - didn't book ES so asked what they would offer

deannasch

I noticed today that our cruise on Sept 20th on the Freedom had dropped $50 below what we paid. We got the regional discount when booking, but since we did the fun saver and not the ES, we could not get a OBC. I figured what would it hurt to call and ask what they would be willing to give us. After some time on hold, they agreed to move us up from a 4D to a 4E, even though we did a IS guarantee. Asked if I could call them back as I needed to check with the other party.... They weren't happy but agreed. Other person in the room did not want to move, so we didn't. I guess what I am trying to say, it never hurts to ask when you are 2 1/2 weeks away and there are plenty of rooms.

I was thinking you must have a huge amount to use the word "drastic". My Sept 20th Conquest cruise is now less than what I paid for my cabin too, but dont want to change cabins to a IS, no point...

Happened to me last year too, but would have had to give up my cabin and that time our friend had a cabin on the same deck so we stayed .... happens. Im not booked ES either for Sept 20th, so not many options.

... Im actually thinking prices will drop more and maybe we can move up yet to a balcony...?? Im already in what is now a 6B, so anything else isnt worth it... just keep watching.

Conquest has been going out last few weeks at $319 for a senior price by the time it gets to around 8 days out... so price probably is going to drop more.

I was thinking you must have a huge amount to use the word "drastic". My Sept 20th Conquest cruise is now less than what I paid for my cabin too, but dont want to change cabins to a IS, no point...

Happened to me last year too, but would have had to give up my cabin and that time our friend had a cabin on the same deck so we stayed .... happens. Im not booked ES either for Sept 20th, so not many options.

... Im actually thinking prices will drop more and maybe we can move up yet to a balcony...?? Im already in what is now a 6B, so anything else isnt worth it... just keep watching.

Conquest has been going out last few weeks at $319 for a senior price by the time it gets to around 8 days out... so price probably is going to drop more.

I would have thought that the Sept 20th Crazies Cruise would have been full. Maybe hurricane season is scaring some people off.

For those that aren't financially loaded (and for some who are) ...$50 is "drastic" especially if you have more than two in a cabin.

Iv got a lot of cruises booked way out under different terms. If I only was down $50 pp for ONE cruise, Id consider myself lucky. Iv got 4 cruises now that for whatever reasons, Im missing out on lower prices. One of the 4 had 1As with port holes ... dropped $80... it was a $100 upgrade to move to a OV, so I decided to make lemons out of lemonaide and paid another $20 to move to a full OV. One other one I upgraded. Iv had two TAs who wouldnt make price adjustments, one of which I paid it off 6 months early, wouldnt do that again!!!

This last drop yesterday where the Crazies week is now cheaper than what I booked it at, is just one of a string of price drops Im missing out on. .... I guess I could beat myself for booking too early but who knows when the economy will recover. I do have two booked past this year which now are the new ES, but most of what I booked was before ES days. Othing than whipping myself with a wet noodle, what else can I do?

Believe me I would have been just as happy with the port hole for $100 less than a full window.

Thats why my original post said all you can do is look at your options and decide about upgrading. Complaining doesnt solve anything. Im going to keep watching Sept 20th and maybe balconies will come down so much I can upgrade or get a upsell. Im also going Sept 27th, and waiting for those prices to drop more... plus another B2B in early Dec.

Whipping myself with a wet noodle for booking too early as we speak. lol

Whipping myself with a wet noodle for booking too early as we speak. lol

I know that feeling. We're eying an April cruise, but I think we're going to hold off until after the New Year before deciding. I've been burned a couple times with price drops and no recourse. Luckily, we can drive to this port.

I would have thought that the Sept 20th Crazies Cruise would have been full. Maybe hurricane season is scaring some people off.

My cruise price also dropped today. I called Carnival and they said they couldn't do anything in terms of OBC since I wasn't an ES booking. No upgrade either, since all upgrade 4 person cabins were sold out. We will still enjoy the cruise even if we didn't get the OBC!!

My cruise price also dropped today. I called Carnival and they said they couldn't do anything in terms of OBC since I wasn't an ES booking. No upgrade either, since all upgrade 4 person cabins were sold out. We will still enjoy the cruise even if we didn't get the OBC!!

I guess Carnival has made some changes from last year. Today my cruise went down $40.00 (I know not much) and when I called to see if they would issue an on board credit, I was told ,Sorry , but since final payment was made no refund or on board credit would be issued. On my last cruise I was able to get $200.00 onboard credit and also a 250.00 reduction o the 2 Balcony cabins I booked. In years past I was always told that if my cruise rate lowered, they would adjust. Even up to 2 weeks before sailing. :(

I booked three weeks out and at two weeks out my interior room had dropped from 549 to 419. They offered to upgrade me to a window room but we wanted to stay up on Deck 10. They told me that if I was further out, before the final payment is due, they'd have changed the amount.

Sucks for me.

I booked three weeks out and at two weeks out my interior room had dropped from 549 to 419. They offered to upgrade me to a window room but we wanted to stay up on Deck 10. They told me that if I was further out, before the final payment is due, they'd have changed the amount.

Sucks for me.

Iv got several Im saying that about :(

Teach me to book so far in advance.

For the record I was not complaining about the $50, and maybe exaggerated with the "drastic" wording, but it got your attention didn't it... When we only paid $349 to begin with, in my pocket book $50 is a lot, but once again I wasn't complaining. I was more letting people know that if you are close to sailing and you don't qualify for the OBC, to ask if they could offer you a different room in a different category. These message boards are good, but find that way too many people are VERY critical. Enough said, probably done posting on here as everything always gets taken wrong, and you end up getting chewed up and spit out.

Archived