Dining Room Attire

imirish

I sailed on the Holiday in the spring and wore nice shorts and polos to the dining room each night. Is this attire okay for the entire Carnival fleet?

Thanks.

Absolutely! The shorts would be discouraged on Elegant night (if you have one) however.

Cruise Casual Dining Dress Code: Gentlemen - Sport slacks, khakis, jeans (no cut-offs), dress shorts (long), collared sport shirts; Ladies - Casual dresses, casual skirts or pants and blouses, summer dresses, Capri pants, dress shorts, jeans (no cut-offs).

Not permitted in the dining room during the Cruise Casual dinner for ladies and gentlemen: gym shorts, basketball shorts, beach flip-flops, bathing suit attire, cut-off jeans, sleeveless shirts for men and baseball hats.

Cruise Elegant Dining Dress Code: Gentlemen - Dress slacks, dress shirts. We also suggest a sport coat. If you wish to wear suits and ties or tuxedos, by all means we invite you to do so. Ladies - Cocktail dresses, pantsuits, elegant skirts and blouses; if you‘d like to show off your evening gowns, that's great too! Not permitted in the dining room during the Cruise Elegant dinner for ladies and gentlemen: shorts, T-shirts, beach flip-flops, bathing suit attire, jeans, cut-off jeans, sleeveless shirts for men, sportswear, and baseball hats.

So.....Instead of a suit, do you think hubs would be good with a shirt tie, khakis and deck shoes on Elegant night and not be out of place??????

Sure would be nice to not lug dress shoes and be able to just have khakis

Can't get DH to wear a tie on CE night, just a dress shirt, Dockers & walking shoes.

What about the ladies??? Any ladies in evening gowns, especially on the 2nd night?

I guess what I really am asking, is that I like to wear gowns on a cruise, and I dont much care if the majority does not, but would I be quite out of place??

Wear whatever you'd like. No one is judging anyone (we save that for on here) ;)

What about the ladies??? Any ladies in evening gowns, especially on the 2nd night?

I guess what I really am asking, is that I like to wear gowns on a cruise, and I dont much care if the majority does not, but would I be quite out of place??

I think you just answered your own question:p:p

No, you won't be out of place at all. You'll see a gowns, cocktail dresses and dressy slacks. Long dresses are very "in" right now for all age women, more so than in the past. Wear what you want to wear and enjoy your cruise.

Yes it was a question although not very well written. I have decided I will wear gowns on the elegant night but what the questions was would I be out of place compared to the majority.... I dont think the answers would of changed my mind, but just wanted to know if I was going to feel really out of place. But thanks all for the responses. Sounds like I will be just fine with my choice.

I have not sailed Carnival in many years when they still had formal nights. I am excited that I can wear all kind of things one the same cruise; from formal gowns to nice jeans. My last cruise 2 cruises were on the Queen Mary which is formal all the way, quite different from Carnival.... LOL where most are trying to come up with what to wear for elegant night, my problem is trying to figure our what to wear for non elegant nights. My closet goes from shorts and tanks to business suits for work to gowns without too much in between.

Archived