Photos of HAL Staterooms/Cabins

IRL_Joanie

The website mentioned above has information for most of the main cruiselines, not just HAL. so if someone wanted to compare a HAL suite to one on Azamara, it would be useful. But if you only cruise once a year, it might not be worth it. It's not a lot of money, but it is a night at the slot machines for me.

Hi Joanie,

thanks for your great and job. These are the photos of my cabin on my New Zealand Australia cruise on the beautiful Volendam. Midship location, very quite and lovely! I hope this will be helpful for the site.

j8faro.jpg

2ja2z7.jpg

fy1g82.jpg

4ufh9f.jpg

30sy04w.jpg

Hey Joanie,

I'm going to be on the Eurodam next month and I will try to get some pictures for you!! I think it is a great idea, Thank you for taking the time to do this!! :)

I agree I would much rather just view than have to pay:rolleyes:

i will be on the eurodam in may i have a balcony on the navigation deck

8062 is the cabin number

any info will be appreciated

i will be on the eurodam in may i have a balcony on the navigation deck

8062 is the cabin number

any info will be appreciated

The closest I can come to your stateroom on the Eurodam is jtl513's photos and comments of the equivalent on Nieuw Amsterdam V 8057, which is just a few cabins towards the front of the ship and opposite side as yours.

V 8057 Deluxe Verandah Ocean View Stateroom Deck 8 Navigation Deck

[

sm-V-8057_jtl513-1p.jpg--sm-V-8057_jtl513-2p.jpg

[

sm-V-8057_jtl513-3p.jpg

[

It's pretty much the same as any other Vista or Signature verandah VA to VC cabin except that it has a 7 foot deep balcony instead of 6 foot. It is located below the Lido cabanas and the aisle in front of them. We did hear some brief lounge-chair dragging noises occasionally, but the only significant noise was for about an hour and a half the night of the chocolate dessert exravaganza by the Lido pool.

[

The wifi signal was not great, but usable. Photos October 2010

[

Cruise Critic Member: jtl513

Hope this helps a bit.

Joanie

Can anyone show me pics of any of the Large Interior Staterooms aboard the Noordam?

Any photos I have of the Noordam's Large Interior Staterooms will be here: http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Noordam/index.html

You can also check for them on the other 3 Vista ships (sister ships to Noordam) by going to these links:

Oosterdam: http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Oosterdam/index.html

Westerdam: http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Westerdam/index.html

Zuiderdam: http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Zuiderdam/index.html

Joanie

We are going on our first cruise ever in September on the Noordam - back to back 20 days cruise.

We have been given cabin 4019 and I know it has the steel balcony but unsure exactly what it means and also wonder just what the cabin looks like (only seen the HAL photos). Is it a good room? Anybody know anything about it? Many thanks in advance.

We are going on our first cruise ever in September on the Noordam - back to back 20 days cruise.

We have been given cabin 4019 and I know it has the steel balcony but unsure exactly what it means and also wonder just what the cabin looks like (only seen the HAL photos). Is it a good room? Anybody know anything about it? Many thanks in advance.

The photos below are of VF 4022 but will be a duplicate of 4019, just opposite side of ship. You can click on each photo to see it full sized.

Joanie

VF 4022 Deluxe Verandah Ocean View Stateroom Deck 4 Upper Promenade Deck

[

sm-VF-4022_CruiseManiac-017.jpg--sm-VF-4022_CruiseManiac-026.jpg

[

sm-VF-4022_CruiseManiac-025.jpg--sm-VF-4022_CruiseManiac-z12.jpg

[

sm-VF-4022_CruiseManiac-Z9.jpg

[

VF 4022 - steel sided verandah on Deck 4 - ms Noordam. My sister and I loved the cabin, the location and the privacy and roominess that the verandah offered. One drawback if you are a light sleeper would be the late night rehearsals from the below theaters. While my sister and I could hear voices/music near the bathroom /closet area, this was silenced once we turned on my "white noise" machine. However, my brother was staying in the same cabin location on the opposite side of the ship, and he could hear the singers/music loud and clear! He did not have a "white noise" machine to cover the noise. He at first thought the singing was coming from the cabin next door, and proceeded to bang on the wall. lol When that didn't do the trick, he called the purser to complain. He was told it was the performers practicing for an upcoming show. Shortly thereafter, the singing stopped. The next day, a chocolate covered strawberry plate was delivered to his stateroom.

[

Cruise Critic Member: CruiseManiac

Edited by IRL_Joanie

Joanie: FYI: Westerdam cabins 4159 & 4161 are NOT connecting!! Learned this when we walked into the cabins. I was NOT a happy cruiser on embarkation day!!!!

I believe you!! But I have a request for you... Do you have any photos to prove it??

I am serious, I am going to make a note on the web site something to the effect that "CONTRARY to the Deck Plans from HAL, VD 4159 and VD 4161 ARE NOT Connecting rooms!!" And I can show people who are contemplating these 2 staterooms because they are listed as such.

Thank you for this info, as I said as soon as I hit submit on this post I will go and make that note for the 2 staterooms.

I can understand 100% your fury at this:(

Edited to add: I have the following up on the Westerdam Index Page and on Deck 4 Page: IMPORTANT INFORMATION: "CONTRARY to the Deck Plans from HAL, VD 4159 & VD 4161 ARE NOT CONNECTING ROOMS!!"

Joanie

Edited by IRL_Joanie

Joannie: No, sorry, dumb me -- no pictures!!

Let me tell you -- not only was I furious, my TA has been also going round & round with Seattle on this matter, trying to find out why they would leave a mistake (the door between those 2 rooms) on deck plans for all these years. She cannot believe that I am the FIRST one to be misled! Now the man in Seattle she has been talking to (Walter) is saying that the person who told her for sure they were connecting is "doesn't work with Westerdam -- he was in charge of Eurodam" whatever the heck that means. All we got to soothe our problem was the balcony separator door opened and "compensation" of 3 soda cards and a 5 bottle wine pkg (cheaper one).

Another note you should put on the quad balcony cabins is that when the loveseat is opened into a twin bed, the bottom is up against the desk/refrig door, so we could not get to the balcony door, which was the way I was supposed to go to check on my grandkids in the other cabin. The oval table is in the way it was put out on the balcony. Closet storage is good with 3 closets but nearly no drawers -- 2 per bedside nightstand and that is all!!! No storage at all in the desk nor above it -- that was exceptionally disappointing. Due to storage situation, I let the 3 girls keep their things in 4159 and shower/dress there, and in 4161 we had the 3 boys' clothes as well as Mike's & mine. One boy slept in the girls cabin and 2 boys slept with us.

(Oh on top of this cabin disaster, Seattle managed to split us 8 up for dinner with some at one table and rest at another!!!! We got it solved quickly by maitre'd, but it was just another thing my TA was furious about!!! )

Kay D, if nothing else good comes of this, at least you know you have a great TA who will go to bat for you. And she obviously cares about your welfare. That is exactly what this situation calls for.

As for the Westerdam/ Eurodam comments, Ship Services has a different person assigned to each ship to handle arrangements like special orders, setting up meetings, etc. It may have been these people that your TA is working with. If you go to the thread that explains how to set up a Meet and Greet, it gives you the names of the reps for each ship, and their direct phone numbers.

has anyone got any pics on cabin 4094 of HAL nieuw amsterdam?

Technically it´s partially obstructed, is this so?

I´m looking for any info. that anyone is willing to share.

Thanks

4074 should be an exact duplicate of 4094 and I do have photos of it and the comments regarding it (click on the photos to see full sized):

G 4074 Large Ocean View Stateroom Upper Promenade Deck

[

sm-G-4074_CruiseFx_Looking-forward.jpg--sm-G-4074_CruiseFx_looking-left.jpg--sm-G-4074_CruiseFx_Looking-right.jpg

[

I was on the Nieuw Amsterdam the week of January 23, 2011 in room 4074 which is a Partially Obstructed category G. Since everyone is always concerned about how obstructed their view is, I have enclosed 3 photos that I have taken. They were taken looking at in 3 directions. There is alot of light since the windows are huge! Photos January 2011

[

Cruise Critic Member: CruiseFx

Yesterday, I took photos of Zuiderdam as she left Port Everglades. I was able to take snap shots of the Deck 4 Obstructed view staterooms, they are behind the Life Boats (will be the same for Nieuw Amsterdam) and as you can see, if we can see the stateroom full length windows then you will also be able to see something:)

Zuiderdam-Verandahs-03-23-2011.jpg

Joanie

Edited by IRL_Joanie

Hi Joanne:

Do you have any pictures of HH399 on the Statendam or its sister ship? I assume that the sister ships would have the same setup as the Statendam. It's listed as a fully obstructed oceanview and I'm wondering how obstructed it is. Pictures of the room layout and the bathroom would be great too. Thanks very much in advance.

We are in cabin VF4016 on the Eurodam. I know its a steel balcony and thats its a bit larger - if at all possible, we would like to put a dining table there. Is that possible does anyone know and if so, would the room steward bring us a table (and tablecloth)?

Also where is the sofa and bed in this cabin? Any information appreciated!

Thanks a lot for the photos. This way I can have a better idea of what a partially obstructed cabin looks like.

Once again thank you!

By the way if someone has a photo of the exact cabin 4094(Nieuw Amsterdam) even better, since I read somewhere that there´s a clear view out of one side and part of a lifeboat on the other. I was just wondering if anyone could actually confirm that for me.

:)

Hi Joanne:

Do you have any pictures of HH399 on the Statendam or its sister ship? I assume that the sister ships would have the same setup as the Statendam. It's listed as a fully obstructed oceanview and I'm wondering how obstructed it is. Pictures of the room layout and the bathroom would be great too. Thanks very much in advance.

No problem, I do this so I can help!! Glad to try and answer as best I can:)

I do not have any HH on Statendam, but have HH 405 on Veendam. Unfortunately this is the only HH I have on any of the S Class ships, Statendam, Maasdam, Ryndam and Veendam.

I will not even hazard a guess as to whether they might be similar to an R Class ship or not. The R Class are Amsterdam, Rotterdam, Volendam and Zaandam You can check out their HH staterooms on Deck 3 of each of their ships (the same as on S Class ships) here http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/

HH 405 Large Ocean View Stateroom Deck 6 Lower Promenade Deck

[

sm-405_Bridget.jpg

[

MS Veendam Oceanview Stateroom, Deck 6. Fully obstructed view. # 405. This was a very nice stateroom. A good size for two people. Bed was comfy. Deck 6 is nice because there's a promenade around the ship with chaise lounges. Bathroom was also roomy. Even had a tub! Photos 2010.

Cruise Critic Member: Bridget

Wish I could be of more help, but....

Joanie

We are in cabin VF4016 on the Eurodam. I know its a steel balcony and thats its a bit larger - if at all possible, we would like to put a dining table there. Is that possible does anyone know and if so, would the room steward bring us a table (and tablecloth)?

Also where is the sofa and bed in this cabin? Any information appreciated!

In my own estimation of the Eurodam and the Nieuw Amsterdam both, I do not think any verandah, other than possibly the Penthouse, would have a verandah large enough for a MDR table (even if it were a 2 top.

I had an SC aft wrap around stateroom and my verandah would not have fit a Dining room table.

I do not have photos of the stateroom in question on either of the Signature ships.

Joanie

Joanie

No problem, I do this so I can help!! Glad to try and answer as best I can:)

I do not have any HH on Statendam, but have HH 405 on Veendam. Unfortunately this is the only HH I have on any of the S Class ships, Statendam, Maasdam, Ryndam and Veendam.

I will not even hazard a guess as to whether they might be similar to an R Class ship or not. The R Class are Amsterdam, Rotterdam, Volendam and Zaandam You can check out their HH staterooms on Deck 3 of each of their ships (the same as on S Class ships) here http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/

HH 405 Large Ocean View Stateroom Deck 6 Lower Promenade Deck

[

sm-405_Bridget.jpg

[

MS Veendam Oceanview Stateroom, Deck 6. Fully obstructed view. # 405. This was a very nice stateroom. A good size for two people. Bed was comfy. Deck 6 is nice because there's a promenade around the ship with chaise lounges. Bathroom was also roomy. Even had a tub! Photos 2010.

Cruise Critic Member: Bridget

Wish I could be of more help, but....

Joanie

Thanks very much, Joanie! The picture definitely helps. I will look into the R class cabins too. Many thanks!