LIVE from the Voyager

Travelcat2

Will leave the ship in great condition (I'll try not to spill any chocolate martini's on the carpet:-)

Currently in the BA lounge in Vancouver. BA does have lovely lounges (Club Lounge -- not First Class). It's 3:30 p.m. -- hope that's not too early for a glass of wine.

Next communique from the ship.

Hi

You said you were in the BA club lounge and yes they do have great lounge, the arrivals lounge at Heathrow T5 is excellent as well. Everything is complimentary as well. We are British so are biased but we wish AA would also have some good lounges, they only seem to serve coffee and biscuits complimentary! Have a good trip, we live only 30 minutes from Southampton. Weather lovely today.

Bubbah and OrpingtonT: We have been home almost a month -- but, we are leaving again (on the Voyager) next month. This time we have a 5 hour layover at Heathrow and plan to take advantage of the showers in the lounge. We're taking BA from Vancouver to Heathrow -- then Heathrow to Cape Town -- two very long flights.

Is Coach & Horses in the airport? Haven't heard of it. My DH is a bit prejudice when it comes to BA, Heathrow -- and England in general. He was born in London and spent a lot of time in West of England. We usually visit annually -- our recent Regent cruises have temporarily interrupted our normal travel schedule.

While I don't plan to post much from next month's cruise, it is part of the Discovery Collection (don't recall the name) that is already underway. Maybe someone on board will start a thread that different people can keep going throughout the cruise.

Is Coach & Horses in the airport? Haven't heard of it. My DH is a bit prejudice when it comes to BA, Heathrow -- and England in general. He was born in London and spent a lot of time in West of England. We usually visit annually -- our recent Regent cruises have temporarily interrupted our normal travel schedule.

No. It was just a bit of fun. I could've said any pub name such as the Rose & Crown or Pig & Whistle. Actually I had lunch at the Queens Head today.

When I lived in the West of England in Gloucester I used to be a regular in The Double Gloucester.

enjoyed reading the thread - thanks all for posting. am looking forward to the news after the Navigator comes out of dry dock, and especially your reviews Travelcat on the first Alaska run!

I can't believe this thread is still alive. Glad you enjoyed reading my ramblings. We are also looking forward to reading reviews of the Navigator after dry dock. I've always felt that the Navigator was the perfect size (except when it's full -- then there is no place to sit. . . but, that subject could be a whole other thread;))

RachelG,

Enjoy your next Voyager trip. If you learn anything more about vibrations in the stern C Suites let us know. My wife and I would enjoy talking with you when you return.

My wife and I are also interested in any views on these stern suites and vibrations, Rachel. Thanks

My wife and I are also interested in any views on these stern suites and vibrations, Rachel. Thanks

Although we have not stayed in any aft suites, we are well aware of the vibration issue. Our upcoming cruise will be our forth on the Voyager (our favorite ship). Since we will be crossing the Atlantic Ocean, I suspect that there will be some rough seas which may translate into more vibration.

As I mentioned much earlier on this thread, we had a constant vibration in either Prime 7 or Signatures (forgot which one:-) on our recent cruise. While people feel differently about the vibration, I don't think I'd want to be in a suite that could vibrate quite badly. It doesn't bother me on short visits to the stern. . . . just wouldn't want to sleep there.

The views from the balcony are wonderful -- the views from the Observation Lounge and Horizon Lounge are nothing short of spectacular. If you have any concerns about the vibration, go for a mid-ship suite:)

Archived