Passport Required???

RondaRed

If you plan to get off the ship at any foreign port- including Panama- I'd reccomend getting a passport. While it may be a bit of a hassle to obtain, it's well worth the simplicity of identification while travelling. Besides, if you have that passport, you might be more likely to try traveling to more foreign places!

Passports take at least 6 weeks to obtain, unless you need it much faster, in which case expedited service is available for an additional fee.

You can go to the State Department's web site and download the forms you'll need. Passports can also now be obtained at many Post Offices and City Halls nationwide. The State Department has a link to find passport service providers in your area.

Happy Travelling!

JD

Thanks... I will try to get the paperwork started this week, that way I will have it even if this Feb. don't work out for the next one that does.

Thanks

Ronda

Ronda:

To actually answer your original question, you do not

need a passport for your cruise. Birth certificate and picture ID will suffice although I agree with the others that a passport is best.

Don

Archived