Carnival Legend 9-26-05 from New York City

Travels

Our travel agent recently informed us that Carnival cancelled our cruise due to the fact that they recently sold our cabins to some group that reserved 'the entire ship' for those dates. Carnival offered something like a $50. per person cabin credit and a few dates and cabins which were not in any way acceptable. Cabins were what seemed to be left, not good ones at all. They will be refunding our $600. which they have had for quite a few months now and of course its not with interest. Had anyone else had something like this happen to them and how did you handle it? Thanks

It does happen... doesn't seem to happen that often, but Carnival does "reserve the right" to cancel in the event of a full ship charter... I'm sorry this happened... I hope you find something comparable. Good luck!!!

Haven't heard this from my travel agent yet? I had just posted a question about this. We are also booked for 9/26. Had a good price, and taken out insurance on my own. With the prices going up, wonder if I will be able to book another date at the same rate.

Archived