Private guides for Egypt & Israel, 5/2/2010 Insignia cruise

koop

Hi, My husband and I are on the May 2, 2010 Insignia cruise from Athens to Istanbul, with stops in Alexandria, Egypt, Port Said (near Cairo), Ashdod, Israel (2 nights) & Haifa. This will be our 6th Oceania cruise (our 13th overall), and we have used private guides exclusively in recent years (as opposed to the ships' tours). We have found that private guides are reliable, usually less expensive, and they can design a tour to match your needs. We are looking for some fellow cruisers to share guides with us in Egypt and Israel - probably a group of 6 or 8 in total. I'm also looking for recommendations for guides in both places as well as any experiences - good or bad - anyone wishes to share. If interested, please reply to this posting or send me an email at mkoopersmith@comcast.net. Thanks, Sherie

A few years ago I used an excellent English speadking tourist guide with a private car in Israel. He is a licensed tourist expert and can be reached at 03-6991663. His name is Moshie Ingber. You can also google his name for more information.

I can second the recommendation for Moshie Ingber.. He as well as all the guides in Israel are every knowledgeable because they are actually trained and have to pass difficult tests for licencing. In Israel a taxi driver "is not a tour guide." Taxis are for transportation only.:)

A few years ago I used an excellent English speadking tourist guide with a private car in Israel. He is a licensed tourist expert and can be reached at 03-6991663. His name is Moshie Ingber. You can also google his name for more information.

I tried to Google Moshie Ingber, but no clear reference to Israel tour guide. Is spelling correct?

Thanks. Ralph

Sherie, We were on O's Turkey Egypt Tunisia cruise in November 2007. I booked the Egypt tours - one to Cairo and one in Alexandria with Cosmos Tours. I believe the website is Cosmos@cosmos.eg, but you'll be able to find it if you google it. They were terrific and as a matter of fact, Oceania used them for their tours at a must higher rate. Check them out -- you won't be disappointed. Arlene tanny5258@juno.com

quote=koop;21191172]Hi, My husband and I are on the May 2, 2010 Insignia cruise from Athens to Istanbul, with stops in Alexandria, Egypt, Port Said (near Cairo), Ashdod, Israel (2 nights) & Haifa. This will be our 6th Oceania cruise (our 13th overall), and we have used private guides exclusively in recent years (as opposed to the ships' tours). We have found that private guides are reliable, usually less expensive, and they can design a tour to match your needs. We are looking for some fellow cruisers to share guides with us in Egypt and Israel - probably a group of 6 or 8 in total. I'm also looking for recommendations for guides in both places as well as any experiences - good or bad - anyone wishes to share. If interested, please reply to this posting or send me an email at mkoopersmith@comcast.net. Thanks, Sherie

We just got back Sept 5, 2009 from the cruise from Rome to Athens on Oceania, then we flew to Israel and spent 8 days there. We had the most amazing tour guide ever, he was so bright, and knew everything there was to know about Israel. He made the 5 of us feel like family. I can highly recommend him, he drove us everywhere, he took us to sites/places that required 6 months to a year wait to see them with the touch of a phone call. His name is Doron Bookshtein, he can be reached at doro@d-tour.co.il. I would book him if he is not already committed for your tours, you will not be disappointed.

We just got back Sept 5, 2009 from the cruise from Rome to Athens on Oceania, then we flew to Israel and spent 8 days there. We had the most amazing tour guide ever, he was so bright, and knew everything there was to know about Israel. He made the 5 of us feel like family. I can highly recommend him, he drove us everywhere, he took us to sites/places that required 6 months to a year wait to see them with the touch of a phone call. His name is Doron Bookshtein, he can be reached at doro@d-tour.co.il. I would book him if he is not already committed for your tours, you will not be disappointed.

correction his email is doron@d-tour.co.il

Archived