3rd person fare

Jen&Joe

I just tried a test pricing for our next cruise, and the price for a 3rd adult or child over two was $199, while an infant would be $340. That surprised me, but it still is not triple the adult fare.

Maybe they up the fare on an infant because there won't be any additional on-board spending by/for him/her?

We noticed that the 3rd person fare for an infant (less than 2) is about 3 times the cost of an adult 3rd person. Has anyone ever seen this before and know a reason why?

3rd and 4th passengers are almost free, adult or child we got our kids on for $1oo usd extra booking thru Southwest.com they have always been your best bet. Go to cruise deals on the lower part of the main page the start DREAMING............:D

Maybe it's to discourage infants on board?? I sure wouldn't want to have an infant in the cabin next door...infants by nature scream from time to time. Why anyone would cruise with one is beyond me - there are so many better vacation choices with young kids & babies.

Sue/WDW1972

Eurodam 11/07/09

We booked a 7 day Alaska for next summer a few months ago. At the time the 3rd/4th person rates were $599/adult, $399 for age 2-18, & $299 for under age 2. I just checked and now all 3rd/4th persons (no matter what age) are $299. Hmmm, I think I should contact my TA & ask about that.

I've looked at fares in the past, and don't recall an infant fare being any different than an adult fare.

Where did you see this, and what ship and sailing were you looking at?

It is on the HAL website. We were looking at a 20 day Caribbean cruise on the Noordam. I also noticed it on several other itineraries on a variety of different HAL ships. The 3rd person adult rate was under $300 and for an infant it was over $1000.

Maybe it's to discourage infants on board?? I sure wouldn't want to have an infant in the cabin next door...infants by nature scream from time to time. Why anyone would cruise with one is beyond me - there are so many better vacation choices with young kids & babies.

Sue/WDW1972

Eurodam 11/07/09

:rolleyes:

After our 6th cruise this year with our baby we have quite some experience. Our son loves to cruise and so far we have not found a better way to travel. Pricing may be amended by HAL in case of higher infant fares to the lower child ones, just ask your cruise agent.

Have fun on HAL with your young ones!

Archived