Live from the Voyager Southampton to Monte Carlo

Cruisewoman79

Well I have been remiss to post from the Voyager as I promised to do, but I admit we have been so busy and there has been little time to get onto the internet and do this. I first have to check my business emails and the net is SO slow that it takes so long and leaves no time for Cruise Critic.

Today (If I can get this posted today) we are at Sea on Friday September 11th. So far (and I must be brief but will elaborate later), we are enjoying the cruise. We do like the ship and our suite. It really has all that one needs – a large stateroom for even our entry category (we are in G – suite 708). The ship has lots of space and a nice pool area and lots to do when at sea. We so far have enjoyed Prime 7 on the first night (very good even the large steaks like the Rib Eye but the lobster tail was great). Compass Rose has been our dining choice the other nights and I think the food is better than we expected. I don’t have last year to compare to but my husband and I are admitted “foodies” and have been pleased. He has a great wine cellar so was interested to see what they were selling above the house pours – he says they have a good selection and fairly priced.

We were disappointed with Bordeaux and can elaborate later but really were pleasantly surprised by Bilbao. The city has a reputation as an industrial city with not much to offer other than the Guggenheim but we thought it was really pleasant and enjoyed the old city and LOVED the Guggenheim. Our group was bigger than we like (we have always had smaller groups on Seabourn), so the walking was slow but our guide was good.

Service onboard really varies. Some is very good and some is very lacking and I would not rate it five stars at all. We are on a Food and Wine cruise and signed up for the additional Le Cordon Bleu course and are really enjoying it! Will write more on that later.

Captain is Dag! He is great. Sorry I can't recall his last name. (my husband is still sleeping!) I'm sure Wendy or someone will fill it in for me.

Sitting on my veranda at sea on the morning of September 13th on our way to a 2 pm docking in Cadiz. We will take a LONG excursion to Seville today and won’t be back until 9:45 as I recall.

Lisbon was wonderful land sailaway was great – sunny view of the city and Belem.

Dinner last night was in Signatures and it really is special. Now I know why they won’t let you book it more than once per cruise. Everything was delicious and service was impeccable.

We will get to experience it once again for our graduation dinner from our Le Cordon Bleu course so we are looking forward to that.

Captain Dag Dversgastein is our captain and our Cruise Director is Ray Solaire

Sorry I haven't been posting. Sometimes I can get on CC but not the boards.

My internet time is so limited. we are hardly relaxing as we are busy with our Le Cordon Bleu course but we love it!!!

So far I am loving Regent but will go into more detail later.

Tonight will be our second time in Signatures for our graduation dinner from LCB.

Any questions?

Kate

Glad you are having a great cruise. How was the Seville excursion? When we were in Cadiz, we opted not to do that one as it just seemed a very long day. Went to Jerez instead as it was closer. But I would love to see Seville sometime.

Seville was a LONG day and we did not get back until 9 pm. I liked Seveile but touring in a group was very frustrating. No time to really enjoy it or shop at all. We are going back there in November so we will see it on our own but are not looking forward to the 1 1/2 hour ride each way.

We loved our Cordon Bleu course and felt it was well worth the cost.

We graduated last night!

Archived