Buying wine in Venice, menus on Summit, drinks packages

ustal

Lots of questions, all food-and-drink :D

First, does anyone know if there's a wine store at the terminal in Venice? Does it have a reasonable selection, or is it better to look for a couple of bottles around Piazzale Roma, or somewhere else?

According to VTP, Summit is berthed at VE018 on 14th November, and I can't seem to figure out exactly where that is, so please don't ask which terminal :confused:

Second, does anyone know whether the Summit is on the new menus yet? If not, does anyone have a copy of the present Summit menus, or can you give me an idea of what the "always available" selections are? Thank you!

And finally, is there any sign of the drinks packages that were mentioned in the spring CC newsletter? They said they'd be starting in "late 2009", so I still have my fingers crossed!! :rolleyes:

Thanks so much!

Just wanted to let you know that I emailed Celebrity about the drink packages on Friday. I will post if/when I get a reply.

Here is the text of the drink package announcement:

"Being relaxed on vacation means enjoying the convenience

of prearranging your preferences, such as beverages,

prior to setting sail. And thanks to a new capability

coming later this year from CelebrityCruises.com,

we’re bringing that one step closer. Starting in late 2009,

you’ll be able to go online and choose from a number of

different pre-paid beverage packages, including Unlimited

Bottled Water, Unlimited Fountain Sodas, Unlimited

Bottled Beer, and Unlimited Frozen Drinks, as well as

assorted wine and mixed-drink packages. So once you

set sail, you can just sit back, relax, and enjoy a vacation

experience that’s all about you."

If you notice, the "late 2009" quote concerns the ability to order the packages online. Therefore, it is possible that the packages will not be available for 09 cruises. I hope not since my cruise is 12/20/09, but its a possibility.

FX

Thanks Kathy, that map is fantastic! It looks like our berth is the "near" end to Piazzale Roma, so that's great! :)

Felix, I'd definitely love to hear if you get a response from Celebrity. We're sailing in mid-November, so I'm not exactly hopeful at this point, but it would be fantastic if X could get the packages out in time!

Hi

Just back from the Summit last week.

I don't know if they were new menus but they were quite good. The only disappointment was that there were no souffles served. There were also a few strange combinations. Broccoli and Lemon soup stands out as being quite revolting and the potato served one evening with steak looked and tasted like something you would eat with a beer (out of a packet). The steak and beef were the best we have had on a cruise.

The drinks packages were not yet available.

There is a supermarket with a fairly good selection at piazzale roma. Its next to the water bus stops and an easy 15 min walk form the ship. The entrance is right next to the canal. We bought 2 bottles on the first day and then went back the second day and bought another 2. (please no flames. I know it was wrong of me):o

Hi

I don't know if they were new menus but they were quite good. The only disappointment was that there were no souffles served. There were also a few strange combinations. Broccoli and Lemon soup stands out as being quite revolting and the potato served one evening with steak looked and tasted like something you would eat with a beer (out of a packet). The steak and beef were the best we have had on a cruise.

There is a supermarket with a fairly good selection at piazzale roma. Its next to the water bus stops and an easy 15 min walk form the ship. The entrance is right next to the canal. We bought 2 bottles on the first day and then went back the second day and bought another 2. (please no flames. I know it was wrong of me):o

this supermarket has a huge selection of spirits and wine.

when walking along Canal wharf follow the locals with there shopping trolleys they will guide you to the store its a good option before boarding ship, if you use the blue bus from airport to ship.

Hi

Thanks for this sleeky its good to hear about the food...also how did you manage with getting the drink back onto the boat with the security??..I've read in other posts they were really hot on bringing alcohol on.

Thanks

Tracey

Hi Tracey

No problem with bringing on the allowed 2 bottles per cabin in Venice. I heard about people bringing on 2 per person by splitting up and boarding separately. Also they would bring wine on each time they boarded as at embarcartion ports the security is not concerned about bottles. We brought on 2 the first day and 2 the second day in Venice.

At other ports security was definatly checking for bottles and keeping them until the end of the cruise.

Have a great cruise

Kay

Archived