Boytjie - help - have any Curacao snorkel info-suggestions?

Seavoyage

Do you have any suggestions for snorkeling off beach in Curacao?

Holland not offering any snorkel excursions - asking on HAL board because Curacao board has limited info - have you or anyone else here on the board been to the Underwater Marine Park near Santa Barbara beach in Curacao? Thank you in advance for kind reply.

Here is what the HAL excursion for snorkeling was like when we were last there in 2007 .. maybe a taxi to this place might be worth considering?

Arriving in Curacao, we were greeted by the shining sun as well as the brightly painted houses in the harbor area. We look forward to this island as it always seems clean, organized, and friendly – welcoming tourism as a break-through economic boon for the people. Since we had previous excursions and shopping on this island, we decided to take the HAL beach excursion. They bussed us through the city to the Blue Harbor Resort, a sort of time-share set of houses with a nice beach. Snorkel equipment, soft drinks and beach chairs were provided. All we had to do was sun ourselves and if the energy was there, snorkel around the rocky areas outlining the beach. I spent about forty minutes investigating where the better snorkeling might be and returning after informing some of the others what I had seen. The assortment of tropical fish and coral was sufficient to keep one occupied the whole time we were there. There was no wind and the sun was bright, making for an excellent snorkeling adventure. This was worth the excursion fee.

Harry

My husband and DD did they swim with the dolphins HAL excursion at the Marine Park. The pictures are quite impressive, my DH said it was one of the nicest HAL excursions he's even taken. We were there in December 2008.

Do you have any suggestions for snorkeling off beach in Curacao.

I have not been to Curacao yet and I am investigating scuba options for next February myself. Sorry I can't be of more help. When is your cruise? Excursion information may not be available if it is still while before your cruise,

Archived