Organized snorkeling tour to Dzul Ha - ???

PolPakCan

Hi,

I am wondering if any of the professional snorkeling operators do go to Dzul Ha. I would love to do some snorkeling there, but there are 2 people in my family who are not good swimmers at all (will need vests), and also never did snorkeling before. I worry about the current, and safety of my family. If anyone knows, please give me the names of the companies. We will be in Cozumel on the 14th of January, and beside snorkeling, we want to go to PB (based on the reviews). Thank you all, Dorota.

Dzul Ha is often mentioned as the best shore snorkel, but there are LOTS of reefs around Cozumel worth snorkeling - just that you need a boat to get to them or to keep up with the current.

There is no shortage of operators, a number of which no doubt stop at Dzul Ha, but I don't know any to recommend that stop only there. There must be some.

I have been on Eagle Ray Divers 3-snorkel stop tour and enjoyed it very much.

You can email Chellie and see if they will make Dzul Ha one of the stops - they usually try to accomodate. If the 2 snorkel stop trip duration is too long for you, some more options MIGHT be (check with Chellie) - perhaps the two snorkel trip and drop you off close to PB or maybe the 3 snorkel trip but get dropped off after the second snorkel stop. Obviously you would want to be dropped off somewhere where it would be easy to catch a taxi to PB.

For that matter, perhaps ask them if you can "rent" a snorkel guide for a shore snorkel that could provide instruction and keep you out of trouble.

If you are concerned about swimming against a current, generally you walk in a direction against the current and then drift snorkel back to where you want to exit.

http://www.eagleraydivers.com

e-mail: chellie@eagleraydivers.com

I suppose one caveat on getting dropped off - good chance there will be no published taxi fare from where you get dropped off to PB and the taxi may try to charge whatever they think you will pay. Establish the fare before you get in the taxi. If you don't like it, try a different taxi.

Archived