mairner perks.

Warren1

never sailed before with hal

as i read it, a upgrade can't begin till your next cruise. even if it when it occurs in the middle of your cruise.

i'm going away for 66 days. the first segment is from vancouver to LA, 3days the next segment is to austrailia around 31 days. then another 32 days back to LA. I know my spending would get me up to tier 3.

Shouldn't be entitled to the extras from the different tiers while still on the ship?

as i read it, a upgrade can't begin till your next cruise. even if it when it occurs in the middle of your cruise.

i'm going away for 66 days. the first segment is from vancouver to LA, 3days the next segment is to austrailia around 31 days. then another 32 days back to LA. I know my spending would get me up to tier 3.

Shouldn't be entitled to the extras from the different tiers while still on the ship?

I would just call HAL and ask directly -- this is new to everyone.

Yes, I'm guessing the new program, as described on HAL's site, will not be fully acceptable to those, like you, who will reach a milestone or two on the current cruise ... and will be entitled to new/additional benefits on the next sailing.

Similar thing will happen to us on our 33-day Hawaii/South Pacific cruise on the Rotterdam. We won't qualify for the higher level until our subsequent cruise even though we will reach the appropriate number of days during the middle of the cruise. One of those little rule snags, for us. ----Penny

Similar thing will happen to us on our 33-day Hawaii/South Pacific cruise on the Rotterdam. We won't qualify for the higher level until our subsequent cruise even though we will reach the appropriate number of days during the middle of the cruise. One of those little rule snags, for us. ----Penny

today i phoned and got transfered a couple of times. In the end they just said they treat long voyages differently. what that difference is, I don't know yet.

I don't think they have that figured out yet.

I did find out about a pacakage they have for a glass a wine at dinner, for the entire cruise. They said if you don't drink it you lose it. Can't carry over if one night you don't feel like a glass of wine, you can't have 2 glasses the next night. hmmm I bought it anyways. For every night i don't feel like a glass a wine, since i will lose it, I will just reduce the wine stewards tip for each night missed.

Warren,

I think you will find that your cruise is going to be counted as ONE cruise not three. You are making the circle pacific cruise I think... it may be sold as segments for some pax but if you are making the complete voyage it is just one cruise, but you spending won't alter I'm sure!

Stephen

you are saying that a person that does a 3 day cruise will get more benifit out of the few dollars he is spending that I would? then on his next cruise for 7 days we will say. he would get as much as us? something wrong with that picture.

Since I will go up a level during my Xmas cruise, do people think the info will be updated for the 2nd sailing of my b2b? Two separate bookings.

From what i was told you won't get it on a back to back. I don't know about separate bookings. For some reason it takes about a week to get updated.

today i phoned and got transfered a couple of times. In the end they just said they treat long voyages differently. what that difference is, I don't know yet.

I don't think they have that figured out yet.

I did find out about a pacakage they have for a glass a wine at dinner, for the entire cruise. They said if you don't drink it you lose it. Can't carry over if one night you don't feel like a glass of wine, you can't have 2 glasses the next night. hmmm I bought it anyways. For every night i don't feel like a glass a wine, since i will lose it, I will just reduce the wine stewards tip for each night missed.

Warren1 ---- Please post again if and when you find out how (or if) they plan to treat long voyages differently. Thanks. ----Penny

Archived