Valor Gym?

sunflwr19

I will cruising on the Valor 04/24 with my boyfriend. He is an avid weight lifter and is curious about the fitness facilities on the ship. For anyone who has been on this ship or other new Carnival ships, are there a lot of free weights? He is a pretty big guy; so he needs heavy weights. If anyone used the freeweights, can you let me know how high the weights went up to? Thanks!!

We just returned from the Valor and my husband was not impressed with the gym. He felt it was too small for the number of passengers and that the free weight area was underequipped and poorly supervised. He said people who didn't know what they were doing came really close to smacking him in the head with weights while he was on the bench lifting. I don't know the exact weight amounts but he mentioned that they didn't have the ones he needed. He also lifts heavy amounts.

sunflwr...most of the newer ships have a decent gym compared to what it used to be, but it's not close to a gym back home. If he's just wanting to get a good pump, it will do...not build size. As for free weights...it's only dumbells that go up to I believe 60-70 lbs. The rest of the equipment is machines that are decent. Hope this helps.

I will be on the Valor in about a month. I was happy enough with the size of the gym on the Pride, as long as there are elliptical machines, and a good variety of other cardio machines, I will be happy. Gotta burn off those extra calories so I don't go home heavier.

Archived