Private Sail to St. John

cookmg40

Can anyone recommend a tour company for a catamaran sail to St. John from St. Thomas? I am looking to visit the beaches of St. John and RCI is only offering 2 options - St John 1/2 Day Champagne Cat Sail and St. John Beach and Snorkel Tour.

Thanks,

Marilyn

Sailed on Rumbaba this past June during our week on The Rock. Captain Bobby is top notch and his lunch is awesome! Here is a link to his page. www.rumbabacharters.com

Scott

Scott,

Rumbaba looks like a lot of fun. Did you have to organize a group on your own or can you make a reservation for 2? Is there enough seating/lounging on the sailboat for 6 people? One more question, do you know where in St. Thomas they are located? Are they close to the cruise pier?

I am trying to decide between Rumbaba and Treazzure.

Thanks.

Marilyn

We just got back and did Rumbaba to St. John.....we actually had 5 people, and we got the extra people from our roll call....they hold 6....and you have to get a cab to Red Hook marina which was not a problem at all and costs $10.00 pp each way...and took about 30 minutes.

The experience was the best ever and you can plan where you want to go or let them take you to whereever they please.....the getting there was great fun on the sailboat and the food and drinks were plentiful and very good.....OMG the mahi mahi.....succlent, flavourful......just amazing and others in the group had the Ahi tuna and everyone was very pleased with the experience..

We plan to go back next year and will go with Capt Bobby and Karen again......great people.....

They are going on vacation sometime in Oct to Greece and hiring a sailboat for the week and sailing around the islands...how wonderful....so hopefully it is not when you are planning to go....

Have a great time..

Lee

Marilyn,

We had 4, my wife and I and my in-laws. The boat holds 6, but they were just as happy to take us, as a group of 4 vs. a full boat of 6. Instead of me posting here. I am attaching a link to another post I made about our trip. Please read it, and let me know if you have any questions.

Scott

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=954367&page=2&highlight=rumbaba

I'll third the Rumbaba. We did a similar day-sail a couple years back on one of the other boats and had a great time. But as good as that was the Rumbaba was much better!

Captain Bobby was great, the food was fantastic - some of the best fish I've ever had and our friends liked the beef too. The drinks were good and the snorkeling and sightseeing were just incredible.

I'd highly recommend the Rumbaba, and if they are booked don't hesitate to book one of the other day-sails from St. Thomas.

I'm not sure how they book just a group of 2, but I'm sure they'll work to accomodate you so give them a call.

I have about a dozen pictures starting here (click here) on my photo site.

Archived