Just Back!! 9/5-9/17 Norwegian Jade!

auducky2

Hi All!

Just returned yesterday from the Norwegian Jade. Just thought I'd post my experience and hopefully this weekend I'll be able to do a day by day with pictures. But for now, here's our overall experience:

Overall: Excellent!

Ports of Call: Barcelona, Rome, Naples, Dubrovnik, Venice, Katakolon, Athens, Izmir and Istanbul

Transfers: Okay. We waited for 45 minutes at the airport before leaving for the port, even though the bus was full. Not sure the reasoning. I think they were trying to locate some vouchers. We promptly left the port for the airport, but arrived 4 hours before our flight, ugh!

Food: Sometimes good, sometimes not so good. However, sometimes my meal was eh, and sometimes DH's was great. It may not necessarily be that the food was bad, but that it wasn't to our personal preference. Papa's was good and eh. My entree was great, appetizers were okay. Cagney's and Le Bistro were excellent! Jasmine Garden was pretty good. Blue Lagoon was great for a quick bite or something "snacky". Main Dining rooms varied and buffet was eh. But however that's probably not NCL, I just hate buffet's all around, any time, any place. Liked the ice cream though! :)

Ports of Call: Wonderful!

Service: Excellent! We even put in one of our servers for the S.T.Y.L.E. award. Our room steward was friendly, did an excellent job and knew us by name. Some of the other servers and hostesses learned our names as well. We never passed anyone who didn't smile or greet us in some way. We always saw people cleaning, fixing, straightening, etc.

Meet and Greet: Success! Officers and the Captain came. We made lots of friends and wonderful people! We did the gift exchange too which was a lot of fun!

Entertainment: Great! LOVED Smokey's Joe's. Shout! was fun too. Game shows were funny as were the comedians. White Hot Party was lots of fun!

Spa: Heaven! We did not have the spa pass but used it for it's services.

Complaints (not necessarily against NCL): People who take up the WHOLE corridor while walking 1 mph. Rude people. Ignorant people.

Officers/Director: We had Iain Bagshaw as our cruise director. He was great! Very funny and nice guy. Our officers were wonderful. We got a plate of something EVERY day from Armando the Hotel Director or Ruth the Concierge. We even got a free bottle wine one day too. Not sure why because we are only bronze members and were in an inside room, but that's okay!

Shopping/Extras: We don't generally shop on the ship. Nor did we feel pressured to buy anything either. We understand that wine tasting and certain things cost extra, that's fine by us, we just don't do them. They don't really interest us anyway. We didn't feel like we were in a big flea market either. Occassionally they had tables set up in the atrium along the gift shop and places for portraits. We just walked on the other side of the atrium to avoid the people who were looking and buying things.

Price: Excellent! Our onboard account wasn't too bad either. If we wanted alcohol, we usually got the margarita specials or the special drink of the day, which were very reasonably priced. DH usually got beer, which doesn't cost much either. However, we bought lots of art at the auctions! Thank goodness for that Park West card. ;)

Questions?

• 2 years later...

Archived