Panama Canal 2011 - When Are These Released

poffles

Planning a Panama Canal cruise for 2011 and there doesn't seem to be a lot out there for any cruiseline. I really want to do this on Carnival given it's relaxed style and price is better than others.

When will Carnival release any sailings for 2011? I realize they don't do too many Panama Canal cruises but I'm hoping they may have something that I might find interesting. Princess seems to have the most selection but they are so costly and we want to do the full transit so the longer cruise makes it even more expensive.

If you are talking about a full transit of the Canal, then the only time Carnival does that is when it repositions a ship.

I was on the Pride last March when she moved from LA to the East Coast and it was a great cruise. The Elation will be doing a full transit in late April of 2010 as she's being moved permanently from San Diego.

Other than that, there are a couple of Carnival ships (right now, the Freedom and the Miracle) that do cruises that stop in Colon, Panama, and you can do excursions part way into the Canal.

Darn ... that sucks. Really would rather sail Carnival. I've only ever sailed once on Disney 4 day cruise which was casual due to it being a short cruise and this is how we want to sail. Appears we may have to adjust for this cruise.

Just looked at the Freedom itinery but don't think this is what we are looking for. We don't want it to be so few stops along the way.

Thanks all.

Carnival ... are you listening???????

Archived