AMA Amadante Danube Cruise Review Posted

jaybell

Axl Rose, go to Reviews and choose Member Reviews. Then Ship, Amandante. If you scroll down a little, my review is right there. I hope it proves beneficial to you. It was a wonderful cruise and we are now wanting to cruise the Rhine.

The weather was very nice, warm (not hot nor humid) and sunny except for a rainy day in Vienna and a couple of morning showers elsewhere.

Jaybell,

I enjoyed your review. We're looking at the same trip for next May or June. How did you like AMA's excursions? How many people were usually in each group? If you took the excursions, did you feel that you still had sufficient free time for wandering around on your own?

I know that there is one seating for dinner, but does everyone arrive at the same time? I've read some posts (don't recall now if they were for AMA or another line) where people encountered very long lines to be seated for dinner.

Did the ship ever feel too crowded? If you wanted to relax in your cabin, did you feel there was enough space?

Thanks for your help,

Shawski

Shawski, glad you enjoyed my review. I highly recommend this trip and AMA.

To answer your questions, I thought the excursions and guides were excellent. They were usually either in the morning or the afternoon and, yes, sufficient time on your own to wander around. The buses were never crowded, maybe 20 people, and I never felt we were a big crowd; we had headsets to hear the guide so no need to crowd around him/her.

Dinner is at a designated time every night depending on the day's schedule - 7:00, 7:15, or 7:30. Never encountered a line. Must have been another cruise line. Maybe if people went before the designated time you would have to wait for the dining room to open (?).

No, the ship never felt crowded.

Cabins are not huge but bigger than some lines, and we had 2 chairs and a small table in front of the French balcony. We never spent time in the cabin, however. We relaxed either in the lounge or in the shade on the sundeck.

I think you'll love everything about this trip!

Archived