Cabins 9240 & 9242 on Liberty

kerri1jill

My husband, bil, sil and myself will be in these two cabins on teh 1/10 sailing on the Liberty of the Seas. We decided to upgrade to these balconies when there was a price drop. Never been in a balcony before, always inside cabins. The only other balconies at the lower rate were on Deck 6 which I didn't want to be on because of all the venues located on Deck 5, so we opted for these two even though they are toward the front of the ship.

My question is since these cabins are mixed in with a lot of the junior sweets and higher rated cabins, do you think we will be overlooked since I have been reading how the suites and higher rated cabins get better ammenities and services.

Has anyone sailed in these cabins before? We plan on having the steward remove the partitions between the rooms on the balcony (I've read here they will do that) so we can have one big balcony between the four of us and we can all sit out and watch the sunset together.

Any help or comments would be appreciated

yea cb, that's what I meant. I guess I'm worried that the cabins around us are the higher rated cabins, suites and d1's, etc. And we are in the lowest rated cabins on that deck. There are only a few e1 cabins on deck 9, so I was concerned that with the people who evidently have the money to pay for suites (we don't) would get preferential treatment, and if they had time for us, they would get to us.

I've been on two RCCL cruises before and had inside cabins and absolutely no complaints. Our room steward has always been excellent! But we were among cabins in the same class as what we were.

I know, the thought shouldn't even have crossed my mind, but I live in the real world and know how it is out here and normally the people with more money trump everyone else.

I look forward to my cruises because it is the only time I have someone waiting on me, making the beds, cooking my dinner, cleaning up, etc. I really don't have to do anything but get dressed. LOL I'm so psych'd about having a balcony, that maybe I'm starting to feel a little guilty about spending the extra money on a balcony. I know I shouldn't, but.....

Does anyone have pictures of these rooms and balcony? I would like to try to envision the balcony with the partitions gone...

Sorry, no pictures. However they will open the partitions, i know this from my parents who went in august with my sister and they had the partitions opened. They are not like the voyager class ships that swing open, instead they slide towards the cabin and a portion of the partition will always be there. I was in 9356 and didnt really notice any difference in the cabin stewart

Archived