Dawn Docks in Heritage Wharf or Kings Wharf (or are they the same place??)

CruisinFromCT

As for which side - it varies. The ship doesn't always dock on the same side. We were on the starboard side in August, and we faced the water (bay, ocean....?). It was a great view as well becasue you can see alot of water, and the eastern parts of Bermuda, and - if you're awake early enough - wonderful sunrises.

This week - on Sunday 20th Sept we had awful weather when Spirit arrived in Bermuda - on Monday morning we saw her docked starboard side at King's Wharf but when we went home she switched to portside at Heritage Wharf so that the RCCL Grandeur could dock at King's Wharf.

Basically King's anf Heritage Wharves are next to each other.

We drive along Harbour Road daily to work and home and there are 2 spots along the road where we have clear view of Dockyard across the water.0

Also, since Dawn went on her holiday (to Canada), Spirit hasn't not been leaving Bermuda until 8am or so on Wednesdays.

Thanks for this useful info. We are sailing on the NCL Dawn on October 25th out of NYC and will be docked in Kings Warf for three-days. We have a mini-suite with a balcony. Right now we are on Starboard side and I am begining to think that Port side would be better. Then if our party is separted that day... we can sit on the balcony and see each other come in to the ship. See what I am getting at? Or should we just stick with the AFT Starboard side on Deck 11?.

Thanks,

Tim

I see what you're getting at, but it's a crapshoot. There have been reports that the ship might face either direction when it docks. They don't always do it the same way. Maybe some of the folks who live in Bermuda and post here might see this and say which is 'normal'

Thanks for this useful info. We are sailing on the NCL Dawn on October 25th out of NYC and will be docked in Kings Warf for three-days. We have a mini-suite with a balcony. Right now we are on Starboard side and I am begining to think that Port side would be better. Then if our party is separted that day... we can sit on the balcony and see each other come in to the ship. See what I am getting at? Or should we just stick with the AFT Starboard side on Deck 11?.

Thanks,

Tim

I see what you're getting at, but it's a crapshoot. There have been reports that the ship might face either direction when it docks. They don't always do it the same way. Maybe some of the folks who live in Bermuda and post here might see this and say which is 'normal'

There is no normal.:D

Many times it depends on which side of the ship they are doing maintenence or even crew lifeboat drills. Heck, even the dock can change. Last year the Majesty docked at Penno's Wharf in St. George one week and the next week it was at Ordnance Island in St. George.:D

Hi Eveyone! Thanks for your info. Very interesting ofwhich they my dock the ship. This is just another part of the cruise to wait and see what happens. In any eveny, hope this all finds you well. I managed to catch the Swine Flu this week. I am all better. It was not that bad. Just had a burning fever for 4-days in a row. Missed work obviously. Went to the doctor and all on the 6th day. Everything is fine.

I am hoping to get an Upsell to a Category AB. The ship is not sold out. Thanks again!

Tim

Archived