Any input about the 4-day Imagination cruise (R/T Miami)?

jinxnb

We've booked this one for next Nov though I've never been on this ship. Have been to Key West and Cozumel before and am looking forward to going back. Going to be stopping at B.O.'s Fish Wagon in Key West and get a soft shell crab sandwich. :)

We have an inside on this one but I've only had a balcony before. I'm interested to find out if there is anything else to do on a cruise ship besides go eat and hang out on the cabin balcony! :D

Hi. we were on the 4-day Imagination this past July. it was fun time .... hotter than a dickens, but that was July. lol. the Imagination has a great water park .... and the ship seemed to be in good shape.

in key west, we did the pub crawl excursion with captain ron. if you're a drinker, this is definitely an excursion you'd enjoy! :)

in cozumel, we just walked around the shops on the pier and then took a taxi into town ($7 for two people) and walked around, went to Hard Rock Cafe for our souvenir glass and then went to Margaritaville.

if you're looking for a fun get-away, this is a good cruise to choose. we did the same itinerary a few years ago in november and the weather wasn't too great (cool and cloudy ... had to wear a jacket in key west), but as i always say, 'a rainy day on a cruise is better than a good day at work.'

have fun !!!

I have been on the 3 night Imagination since it was "renovated" and am going again..it is a great ship :) Great friendly crew...many have been with her for years

The Serenity Deck is really nice...over 21 only, padded loungers, and HOT hot tubs..get there early to get a seat

Food was great...especially the Deli...the sushi was good too

They should have a great "cover group" playing in the Shagri La Lounge

The ship is really pretty I thought..(*actually some prettier rooms and more distinctive

decor than Destiny)...it is definitely a "fun" ship

Here is a super site with some recent pictures of Imagination

http://www.beyondships.com/CarnivalImagination-Profile.html

~~~~~~~~~~

I just did the same ports/times on Destiny...and it was a good cruise, port times a bit weird...Key West is very short time in port but we did dock at Pier B Westin..right at Mallory Square...I chose to just walk around Key West, shop, check out funny tee shirts,

a visit to Irish Kevins (live music and fun) and then get key lime pie

You can check out the museums and Hemmingway's house....I have done that before (I live in Florida)

Cozumel was great...went to Mr Sanchos...no cover charge, just pay as you go..great food..they have horseback riding there and some of my friends did that

I got a massage on the beach..talked them down to $25 for 1/2 hr and tipped $5

Mango Margeritas were fantastic...

IMHO the schedule lends itself to relaxed do it yourself excursions....I would not attempt Tulum with these hours 1-10 PM...some people I met who did felt very rushed , others who did some carnival excursions to the cenotes had a good time but also were rushed...

these are short port hours so best to just enjoy yourself on Cozumel and not try to get to the mainland and do anything too extensive IMHO

Booked a 4-day Miami R/T cruise for 8/2010. It stops at Key West and Cozumel. Has anyone been on the ship and/or itinerary? Thoughts?

Thanks!

Liz

A friend of mine just got off the Imagination this past Friday. She did that same itnerary. She had a blast. They did not get off the ship in Key West because they've been there so many times. But, she'd never been to Cozumel before, so they rented a jeep and drove all over the island. The roads were bad in some places so be very careful if you do this. After they turned in the vehicle, they went to Carlos & Charlie's and Fat Tues to party-it-up before taking a cab back to the ship.

• 3 months later...

Thanks everyone for your feedback! I've been to both Cozumel and Key West when I sailed on Celebrity with my dad 4 years ago. However, my DH has been to neither, and this will be his second cruise [first was our honeymoon on the Miracle :-)]

For Key West, I think we'll hit up the Hemingway House, the lighthouse and the southermost point, and then go to a bar. For Cozumel, I think we'll definitely go snorkeling. We both did it for the first time in St. Thomas last July and had a great time!

I did this cruise as a solo last August. It was nice and I really liked the ship. They refurbished a lot of the public spaces and I found it fresh and inviting. The aft lounge is pretty and the remodeled public bathrooms are very nice (sounds odd, but they are). On the other hand, some of it hasn't been and seems a bit dated (the atrium). None of this really matters though. The new water park is fun and a good place to lay out away from the chaos that can be the Lido pool. I loved the Serenity Deck and went out there every night to just relax, read and use the hot tubs.

They are pretty short port times. You have enough time to walk around KW a bit, but no all day tours. We got to Cozumel earlier then scheduled and I got the feeling this is common. Keep in mind that Cozumel is an hour behind ship time. You can hit up a beach for awhile and/or do some shopping. As someone else posted, I would skip the longer tours to the mainland. I had a great time and am actually thinking of doing it again this August.

Archived