Single/Double Question

injunjoe

Can you book a cabin as a solo cruiser and add a passenger to your cabin at a later date? I am thinking of taking my first solo cruise but would like the option of adding on later if I can talk a friend into going.

Injun Joe

• 1 month later...

There's another issue that comes into play here, and that's the ship's maximum capacity. Even though there may be room in individual cabins for additional cabins, if the ship is at capacity, they may not add passengers. So I wouldn't wait until the last minute to make a decision.

Roz

The other factor is price. I believe the fare will be the going rate, not the same rate you got with the original booking. Depending on what supplement you paid and if the price has gone up, this could be a problem. OTOH, if you paid 200% the second passenger might wind up being almost free.

Hi there! I asked this very same question of Cunard (I am hoping to travel on the QM2). At the time of booking your ticket and paying your 25% deposit you must provide two names to go on their register for the cabin (and therefore two deposits). You have up until 120 days before you sail to either change name/s or change/cancel the booking in order to obtain a full refund of your deposit. After that, depending on how much time is left before you sail, you will be penalised accordingly. Whether this is the same case across all grades for Cunard I am unsure as my query was about "D" grades only, but I got the impression that this was the situation across the board.

I hope this helps.

Archived