So, got an email last night re: Carnival changing up Glory's itinerary...

MamaParrotHead

Previously, the itinerary was: Sea Day, Grand Cayman, Roatan, Belize, Cozumel, Sea Day. NOW it is Sea Day, Cozumel, Belize, Roatan, Grand Cayman, Sea Day. They said they changed it due to port congestion in Belize.

My question is: will the times in port be the same? And how long will it take to get the correct info on the Carnival website :rolleyes: (and even if I call Carnival, will anyone there even know what I'm talking about? Based on past experiences, I highly doubt it)? Have to obviously switch my excursions now, and the tour operators need to know port times, LOL.

Nevermind, LOL, I got the info. Some of the times are changed...no big deal except in Grand Cayman, where we seem to be getting into port an hour after the tours are supposed to leave. I'm hoping the fact that we're supposedly the only ship in port that day will sway the tour operators to change the tour time a bit.

Have to obviously switch my excursions now, and the tour operators need to know port times, LOL.:)

The tour operators do need to know the port times, but you don't need to tell them... they know how to find out!

If you plan your excursions for the morning they usually don't last too long, and the ship usually does not require you to be back before 3 PM.

I'd say go ahead and make your new plans - you can always re-schedule again if you need to.

The tour operators do need to know the port times, but you don't need to tell them... they know how to find out!

If you plan your excursions for the morning they usually don't last too long, and the ship usually does not require you to be back before 3 PM.

I'd say go ahead and make your new plans - you can always re-schedule again if you need to.

I would have thought they'd be able to find out, but Sharon at Nativeways is the one who asked ME the port times, LOL. I'm assuming it's because the harbor master's schedule hadn't been updated yet or something.

I actually have another question regarding piers in Cozumel.

There are only 2 other ships in port that day...Triumph and RCI G.O.S. Would we still be porting in Puerta Maya, or the other pier that's closer to Carlos & Charlie's?

Our experience is that you will dock at Puerta Maya. We have been at both but lately it seems like Puerta Maya is where Carnival goes. You can always go to Cozumel Insider to find out which port the Glory will be docking at. Hope you guys have a great cruise. We loved the Glory, she was our first Carnival ship.:D

Previously, the itinerary was: Sea Day, Grand Cayman, Roatan, Belize, Cozumel, Sea Day. NOW it is Sea Day, Cozumel, Belize, Roatan, Grand Cayman, Sea Day. They said they changed it due to port congestion in Belize.

My question is: will the times in port be the same? And how long will it take to get the correct info on the Carnival website :rolleyes: (and even if I call Carnival, will anyone there even know what I'm talking about? Based on past experiences, I highly doubt it)? Have to obviously switch my excursions now, and the tour operators need to know port times, LOL.

Well, call Carnival...at least 3 times in order to get the same answer twice!!:D But you are experienced and know that already. I hope you didn't put down any non refundable deposits on the excursions if you use outside excursions! I got burned for $150 on our Med cruise when Carnival switched us around due to congestion in Dubrovnik.

Bet Carnival does this alot...especially when their excursions are not fully booked as they must figure the cruisers are going outside! Joking of course:rolleyes:but it is plausible and of course Carnival could care less about your private excursions.

One thing I have found though is that with this economic meltdown we are in....is that tour operators are more than happy to take a reservation without a card to hold it.....and if they won't....I say I will give them cash at the excursion....I will still give them a card to hold if they insist...and if I still want to do business with them:rolleyes:.....but sometimes I don't read all the numbers on my card correctly when I use the computer...:D

Caveat Emptor!!! ANd it has been working for centuries!!!

We are sailing Glory the week of December 13 and got that same email. I was actually pleased because before there were 6 ships scheduled for our day in Belize, now only 4.

We had outside tours in Belize and Roatan so I just shot an email to each tour operator and they both responded promptly. They will probably be inundated by nervous travelers the next couple of days but both were very positive about it not being any problem.

Not worried about Cozumel because that's the only tour I booked through Carnival. :)

All in all, we have 2 port days where it appears we will be the only ship in port so this is actually a positive! :D

You don't give the date.....but, Carnival has the details on the website up to 2011....

Archived