Advice - Legend Sunday Sailing - 2 people backed out

wdwfamily

Looking for advice from those who may have been in a similar position....

We are a family of 6 who were originally traveling with 2 grandparents. Grandparents had to back out this week (trip leaves Sunday, no insurance purchased so they are out 100%...which they know). The original breakdown for the rooms was 2 kids with us, 2 kids with them. We are in side by side rooms but not adjoining.

We did speak with Carnival and they said as long as the rooms were side by side we would be OK leaving room arrangements as is (although we would never let any of the kids sleep alone...one of us would sleep in each room).

I guess I want to be prepared for any issue that might arise from the grandparents not being able to go.

Should inlaws "cancel" or just be no shows? If they do cancel should we officially move one of us to the room so it isn't listed as two minor children in it?

TIA!

Should inlaws "cancel" or just be no shows?

Definitely be no shows. Not worth the call to cancel.

As long as you have one adult on each room, which you will, you will be fine. May take a bit longer than usual to check in.

Bring some candy for the folks in line right behind you ;).

Looking for advice from those who may have been in a similar position....

We are a family of 6 who were originally traveling with 2 grandparents. Grandparents had to back out this week (trip leaves Sunday, no insurance purchased so they are out 100%...which they know). The original breakdown for the rooms was 2 kids with us, 2 kids with them. We are in side by side rooms but not adjoining.

We did speak with Carnival and they said as long as the rooms were side by side we would be OK leaving room arrangements as is (although we would never let any of the kids sleep alone...one of us would sleep in each room).

I guess I want to be prepared for any issue that might arise from the grandparents not being able to go.

Should inlaws "cancel" or just be no shows? If they do cancel should we officially move one of us to the room so it isn't listed as two minor children in it?

TIA!

I would call Carnival. Make sure you're gong to be able to access the room even though it's not under your name. You may have to pay for the name change, but it would be worth it to be able to use the extra space. I wouldn't want that hassle at check-in. The grandparents may have to call to make the change since it's their room - even if the reservations are linked.

If the rooms are balconies, you can get the divider opened so you can walk between the two rooms without going into the hall.

Had a similar incident once, although I did have insurance, not thru Carnival. I simply notified Carnival when I checked in that there would be a no show in my cabin. It was not a problem at all. They even credited me for the gov't fees and taxes on my no show.

Thanks everyone!

I think we'll go for the no show....they did tell us they would get the port fees back. We'll deal with moving an adult into that room if we have to when we check in. We'll have a key card to that room no matter how we work it because we hold the kids key cards :)

We do have a balcony and will request to have the door open :)

Thanks again!!

Archived