How Soon Should I Expect To Be In My Cabin

We board early, around 11:30am, then wander the ship, or head to the pool. We've been lucky on all but 1 cruise, in that we've gotten into our cabin before 1pm....make sure you carry-on anything you will need or that's valuable---never, ever give the porters your valuables!!!!!

Your bags may not make it to the room until dinnertime, so make sure you have any meds or personal items that you might need until then!

We boarded at 11.30, went to the Windjammer for some lunch, had a look round the ship, and we got into our cabin at 1.15.

Our bags were waiting for us when we returned from muster drill.

Thank you for your quick responses!

Will are luggage arrive in time to change for the early dining in the MDR, or can we wear what we board the ship in?

Dont plan on luggage before dinner. But its not a problem on the first night. You can wear whatever you have on. Otherwise pack some clothes in your carryon. Enjoy your cruise Larry

We board early, around 11:30am, then wander the ship, or head to the pool. We've been lucky on all but 1 cruise, in that we've gotten into our cabin before 1pm....make sure you carry-on anything you will need or that's valuable---never, ever give the porters your valuables!!!!!

Your bags may not make it to the room until dinnertime, so make sure you have any meds or personal items that you might need until then!

Really? Since they changed the procedure, I have ONLY seen closed and locked bulkhead doors to all passenger cabin corridors, usually GUARDED by ship's personnel. Opening time has been just about 1 P.M. on the nose each time.

Dont plan on luggage before dinner. But its not a problem on the first night. You can wear whatever you have on. Otherwise pack some clothes in your carryon. Enjoy your cruise Larry

Is it acceptable to wear whatever you have on for late dinner seating that first night as well?

Is it acceptable to wear whatever you have on for late dinner seating that first night as well?

Yes first night is very casual, but we bring the outfit in our carryon but you can pretty much wear anything, even shorts.:eek:

Rooms are available usually 1:00pm. Luggage starts to arrive about 3:00. Usually by 5:00 all the bags are at the rooms. You should have your bags before dinner. Unless you packed a no no & then its off to the naughty room.:rolleyes:

Really? Since they changed the procedure, I have ONLY seen closed and locked bulkhead doors to all passenger cabin corridors, usually GUARDED by ship's personnel. Opening time has been just about 1 P.M. on the nose each time.

I agree.

Archived