Jewelry Shopping in Mahahual?

Beaubib

In another post, I saw a reference to Tanzanite.

Has anybody gone jewelry shopping in Mahahual?

Do you know of a reputable shop - that has good quality tanzanite? Thanks for your help!

Any other shopping I should be on the lookout for?...besides the kahlua?..you'd laugh if you knew what they sold it for in Canada!

If you want tanzanite, you will get a better selection in Cozumel, at least that's what we found when we were there at 2 weeks ago. There is a Diamond International and Tanzanite international at Costa Maya but there is more of a selection (and possibly better prices) in Cozumel. The Diamond International at the end of the shopping strip in Cozumel has the most tanzanite. There are several other smaller DI stores as you walk back toward the piers but this first one is a much larger store with more inventory.

As far as Kahlua, I bought 4 1-liter bottles in Grand Cayman at Tortuga for $11.50 ea (or close to that). I found the same 1-liter Kahlua at Los Cinco Soles in Cozumel for $9.00 each! Up the street from Los Cinco Soles, they were $9.50 ea.

Patience is the key. We were told on the Grand Princess that our best shopping would be in Cozumel and the Port Shopping Authority (Michael) was right .

The largest and best Los Cinco Soles location is in town along the water front about 3 blocks north of the Plaza. It is worth going there for the selection and you can eat at Pancho's Backyard, the original one because it is there, in the back yard.

The second in size is the one at southern most cruise dock. I forget the name of the pier, something like puerto maya.

Archived