October 11th sold out?

tmann4

Has anyone heard that the Oct 11, 2009 FOS is sold out? I have looked at cabin availability on RCCL website and also ********** and no rooms are available. Has anyone sailed on FOS when it has been sold out? Is it extremely crowded everywhere when the ship is full? This is my first cruise on RCCL and don't want my first experience to be tainted by large crowds.

A certain European website, run by a travel agency so we can't mention the name, reports that all cabins are sold, except for one JS.

So the ship is full.

We don't know how many kids are on board. Since they usually book as 3rds, 4ths, that has an impact on total bodies on the ship.

RCI ships are the best when it comes to passenger flow so it won't be that bad, except if you try to find a lounger by the pool at 11 AM on a sunny sea day, after sleeping late.

Has anyone heard that the Oct 11, 2009 FOS is sold out? I have looked at cabin availability on RCCL website and also ********** and no rooms are available. Has anyone sailed on FOS when it has been sold out? Is it extremely crowded everywhere when the ship is full? This is my first cruise on RCCL and don't want my first experience to be tainted by large crowds.

you are asking on 10/5 for 10/11 - why looking for a cruise so close to this date?

We sailed FOS on September 13th and the ship was jam packed full. One of the theories was that the Freedom class ships still offer Diamond members access to a concierge lounge.

BTW - There weren't a lot of kids on our sailing.

you are asking on 10/5 for 10/11 - why looking for a cruise so close to this date?

Nothing wrong with booking a cruise at the last minute. Maybe they won the lottery ... or just decided that they want to get away! :D

We sailed FOS on September 13th and the ship was jam packed full. One of the theories was that the Freedom class ships still offer Diamond members access to a concierge lounge.

BTW - There weren't a lot of kids on our sailing.

Nothing wrong with booking a cruise at the last minute. Maybe they won the lottery ... or just decided that they want to get away! :D

I think they are already booked and were just checking how full it is, they are not looking to book it now.

We are booked. Just trying to get a feel for what the ship will be like at full capacity. Just wonder what lines will be like and seating at shows and restaurants. Obviously the deck chairs will be hard to come by. I am sure there will be a lot of chair hogs. We will see.

We are booked. Just trying to get a feel for what the ship will be like at full capacity. Just wonder what lines will be like and seating at shows and restaurants. Obviously the deck chairs will be hard to come by. I am sure there will be a lot of chair hogs. We will see.

There will be plenty of loungers. Just go up one level above the pool deck. Plenty of chairs up there.

I posted a review last week from our trip on Freedom.

The only times it was crowded was when tendering first began each morning, and the Promenade could get pretty busy for the parades, oh and it could take a few minutes to get a table in Windjammer at breakfast. But the crew were fantastic about helping you find a table in Windjammer, and the other issues were manageable.

We did also miss tickets for the ice show because they were apparently only offered once, and we were at the gym or something then. No problem getting seats at shows. We also had MTD and never waited there (we arrived between 6:30 and 7:15 each evening).

I also noted that the chair hog issue has changed dramatically since they instituted the $20 fine for towels that aren't returned. We went to the gym early in the morning and whereas there used to be hundreds of chairs with towels on them but no bodies, there were now virtually NONE. Big, big difference.

Seems a strange OP.

What did you expect?

Every cruise I had, or would ever book, I would work from the assumption that it would be full..........and if there were 25 unoccupied cabins, do you really think that 50 people less on your cruise would make an appreciable difference?

To the op, most ships sail 100% full, or at least any that I have been on. The ships are designed to hold a certain amount of people and RCI ships do it very well. One of the reason we have stuck with RCI lately!

Go on the cruise and don't worry about the people. You will be able to enjoy all that you want to, there is more than enough room for everyone. Of course, there may be lines here and there so be ready for them, but they do move quickly. Hey, your on vacation relax and enjoy!

Archived