Private guide in Sydney

wripro

Will be there for two full days at the end of February during my cruise and want to make the most of the time. Anyone have suggestions for a good private guide with car? Thanks.

I just googled and found these two private tours in Sydney. No experience myself so I can't recommend. I just thought this might help.

http://www.sydney-australia.biz/tour-guide/

http://www.private-guides.com/guide-in-australia/philip-holland-sydney-guide-324/index.php

I really wouldn't spend my money on a private guide. There are so many options to see Sydney - ferries, private cruises, explorer buses, HOHO buses, there is a free 555 bus that does a loop of the CBD (Central Business District). Sure if you don't want to expend any effort at all get a private guide, but I think you will see Sydney better (or any other city) if you get out and about.

Thank you so much for this information. :D I did not realize the HOHO bus was different then the explorer and did not know about the free 555 route.

I am starting the planning process as I will be in Sydney in March and April.

Quick ? :confused: do busses operate in both direction i.e. clockwise and anticlockwise? and to your knowledge do they offer senior's discount if you are not australian?

Looks like Sydney is a very pedestrian friendly city, I am looking forward to my visit, the planning is also fun.

Thanks again.

Di

mochuck,

Thanks for the feedback. Normally, that is exactly what I do. But since I am limited to two days I want to be sure I make the most of them. I thought a private guide would eliminate all the uncertainty and waste of time trying to decide what to do next.

:)

My name is Bob from Pacific Pines on the Gold Coast, Queensland, AUSTRALIA. I live in Sydney for quite a few years. I would definately NOT get a private tour or driver as such. Way to expensive. The only thing you have to do is catch trains/buses/ferries ect. Public transport is the way to go and much, much cheaper. Take a Manly Ferry from Circular Quay in the heart of Sydney and you will see our lovely Harbour, Opera House ect ect. Have a wonderful time and if you get stuck about transport, just ask someone local. We are all friendly people..

Don't hesitate to ask any other questions???

Regards Bob.

I also would like some suggestions for a reliable and recommended private guide to take my parents around Sydney for half or most of a day.

I have been to Sydney and agree that it is very very easy to do on your own--and it seems like everyone in Oz is extremely friendly and helpful. My parents, however, are in their mid seventies. Although generally healthy and active, they would really like to make it easy on themselves that day and minimize extra walking -- and waiting, standing, etc for transport.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Wripro, have you had any more luck in your research?

Thanks,

Mark

Not yet, Mark. I have been busy with other parts of my trip. There are two options which

jagoodbar posted which he got from googling. I might contact those or check with friends who have been there. If I come across anyone great I'll post it here.

Not yet, Mark. I have been busy with other parts of my trip. There are two options which

jagoodbar posted which he got from googling. I might contact those or check with friends who have been there. If I come across anyone great I'll post it here.

Hello Again,

I just did some more research and I found this. I hope this helps.

http://www.****************/tour-guide-alice-zaoui-1542.aspx

It looks like it might be what you are looking for.

Jon

Archived