6 month countdown Slim down need support

Jods00

imluvncruzn, your husband sounds like a sweet guy. My boyfriend tried to send me orchids (my favorite flower) once when we were having a bad week, they did not have orchids at the flower shop so they sent a vase full of tiger lilies to my office. They were very pretty but I am seriously allergic to lilies, he knew that and even told the shop no lilies, but they didn't listen. It was very sweet though and I still keep the card on my desk at work.

Well I did 7 miles today walking. I used my walk away the pounds dvds since it was raining and did two instead of one instead of turning to food for comfort this even. This is the first time since he moved in that my boyfriend hasn't been here and he won't be home till tomorrow night. I understand it's for a good reason, he's visiting his daughters since they refuse to come up here for their visitations. I am just frustrated with the entire situation, and right now feeling very lonely and the ice cream in the freezer looks very comforting, but i think i'll go lay in bed and make a cruise packing list instead. (i'm normally not this depressive I swear!)

Have a good night everyone, promise i'll sound more positive tomorrow. Sleep tight and happy workouts! Oh, found this really great water called HerbalWaters at the health food store the other day, I Love the cinnamon, clove and cardamon one, and my boyfriend loves the lemongrass mint and vanilla. No calories, no artificial sweeteners and a Wonderful taste.

Good night!,

C.

Hi everyone! I am so sorry i have been MIA the last 2 weeks...............1st i started boot camp....omg i was so sore for the first week and a half I wanted to quit...........but, now am doing great and actually seeing the results in the mirror.

Second, my job has became so hectic, i have actually missed 2 boot camps due to working late!

3rd my puter died at home, so I just have gotten it back.

SO welcome to everyonel, and i will try to catch up.

I am down to a LARGE 12....but, the 14's levis are getting too big! I hope to be down 5 more pounds by sat the 21st, and i would be at 199, my nest goal!!!!! I will be here more often now!

GREAT JOB EVERYONE! KEEP IT UP!

congrats on getting down to a 12. Your doing great!

Tell me more about this boot camp.

how many days a week?

how many hours a day?

What type of instructor? MEAN in your face? or Nice and Encouraging?

Do you workout all areas of your body everyday?

Or just abs one day legs next, arms next.

I'm glad and proud that you didnt quit. I had 5 friends try different bootcamps.

only 1 stuck with it and liked it. the rest hated it due to instructor and the pain.

The one friend was a size 12 and by her wedding she was an 8. She has kept the weight off and goes to the gym 2-3 times a week just to maintain. Unfortunately she lives 6 hours away so I cant easily go to the gym she went to.

Keep it up!

congrats on getting down to a 12. Your doing great!

Tell me more about this boot camp.

how many days a week?

how many hours a day?

What type of instructor? MEAN in your face? or Nice and Encouraging?

Do you workout all areas of your body everyday?

Or just abs one day legs next, arms next.

I'm glad and proud that you didnt quit. I had 5 friends try different bootcamps.

only 1 stuck with it and liked it. the rest hated it due to instructor and the pain.

The one friend was a size 12 and by her wedding she was an 8. She has kept the weight off and goes to the gym 2-3 times a week just to maintain. Unfortunately she lives 6 hours away so I cant easily go to the gym she went to.

Keep it up!

well my instructor is like a size 0! 'bout 90 pounds and all full of energy! she is not mean, but, totally does not want to hear why you hurt. I kid everyone not, i was so sore the 1st week I could not roll over in bed!!!!!! We have class M-T and Thurs night for 1.75 hours. Each day is something specific we work on.................but you homework too! Plus we have to follow a diet and that is so hard, if you dont have someone shopping for you and getting everything you need for the week! But, i was already eating probally less than her diet allows! I am to the point water is ucky, but i keep forcing it down! I do see a difference, especially from just under my armpit area to the waist......the bra bulge is going away!!!!!!!! I am able to run up the stairs at work...i may not be movng the scales too fast, but I am seeing a difference....Oh and we work out each night OUTSIDE, in MICHIGAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No matter is its raining or snowing......so the grass is slippery wet with frost, the volley ball pits -- the sand sticks to you! I really wanted to quit but it was 95.00 and i was not allowing my hubbie to LAUGH either!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will do another one, not sure if i will this winter but, I do feel good about the progress.......lots more with this class in 2 weeks than 3 on the bowflex! Just let me tell you the muscle pain was worse than a c section! BUT, I do feel stronger and feel like i can make it the last two weeks..... my goal is to get to 199 by the 21st!!!!!!!!!! I have 5 pounds to go! I have found the weekends suck for me, since i boredom eat!

Good luck to everyone!!!!!!!!!!

well my instructor is like a size 0! 'bout 90 pounds and all full of energy! she is not mean, but, totally does not want to hear why you hurt. I kid everyone not, i was so sore the 1st week I could not roll over in bed!!!!!! We have class M-T and Thurs night for 1.75 hours. Each day is something specific we work on.................but you homework too! Plus we have to follow a diet and that is so hard, if you dont have someone shopping for you and getting everything you need for the week! But, i was already eating probally less than her diet allows! I am to the point water is ucky, but i keep forcing it down! I do see a difference, especially from just under my armpit area to the waist......the bra bulge is going away!!!!!!!! I am able to run up the stairs at work...i may not be movng the scales too fast, but I am seeing a difference....Oh and we work out each night OUTSIDE, in MICHIGAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No matter is its raining or snowing......so the grass is slippery wet with frost, the volley ball pits -- the sand sticks to you! I really wanted to quit but it was 95.00 and i was not allowing my hubbie to LAUGH either!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will do another one, not sure if i will this winter but, I do feel good about the progress.......lots more with this class in 2 weeks than 3 on the bowflex! Just let me tell you the muscle pain was worse than a c section! BUT, I do feel stronger and feel like i can make it the last two weeks..... my goal is to get to 199 by the 21st!!!!!!!!!! I have 5 pounds to go! I have found the weekends suck for me, since i boredom eat!

Good luck to everyone!!!!!!!!!!

oh and FYI, for those newbies in here, when i say my goal for the 21st (of november) is 199, I will still have 69 more pounds to go!!!!!!!!!! But I started out at 238!!!!!!! BABY GOALS AND BABY STEPS to keep it off!

CruisingFamilyFun, Congratulations on slimming down to a size 12. Your boot camp classes sound interesting, we don't have anything like that around here.

Well I did my workout today, and with my boredom did eat a little too much, but even for me it wasn't as much as I used to do. I walked a total of 8 miles today. Did my workout video twice because of the boredom eating. I think i might do better with the walking goals and just have the weightloss as an added benefit. Not happy with what I see in the mirror but I took the time today to take a long shower and really pamper myself. I think if i start taking better care of myself in all aspects then it will make it easier for me to stick with the walking and working out. I'm great with starting a workout program and healthy eating just horrible with sticking it out for the long term.

Well time to go find the papers for work that I think i lost. either they are in my car or in my office at work. Doesn't happen much, but I hate it when I lose things.

Have a good night everyone.

C.

Wow That workout sounds CRAZY!!! OUTSIDE ???? dont think I could do that. But I am doing research on different ones in my area. The wii fit is not going to cut it.

I'll let you know if I Find one and do it.

Wow That workout sounds CRAZY!!! OUTSIDE ???? dont think I could do that. But I am doing research on different ones in my area. The wii fit is not going to cut it.

I'll let you know if I Find one and do it.

I wanted a WII for christmas, but my SON wants the PS3! Little bugger, so his grannie will get what he wants and not what her daughter wants / whats him to have !!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!

Well yeah the outside workouts are INTENSE! BUT like i said, I do see a difference......i just got my hair cut 2 weeks ago and hate it.....................and of coarse i think that is what everyone notices! LOL!

If anyone wants to chat........................or share your great success, email me!

jeffdelongfamily

@

yahoo.com

~shanna

We have a PS3 also. That is what hubby wanted for xmas one year so we got it.( My Nephew loves it) It is nice because it plays blueray DVD. we use it all the time for that and rarely as a game system. then the following xmas I got my wii. My nephew has a wii so he like to come play different games @ our house.

Have a great day

I still have my original atari! Not much of a video game system person, although i made a cool xbox 360 grooms cake for my friend's wedding. Her husband was so surprised they saved the control even after the cake was all gone.

Well just checking in, I had a few patients cancel so I used the equipment before i left for the day. Got in a half hour each on the eliptical, bike and arm bike for a total of 10.4 miles closer to beautiful Bermuda. THe number on the scale is staying the same right now, but if i focus on reaching my goal of 900 miles by may then it keeps me motivated. At least so far. Also going to stop eating later at night. My boyfriend comes home late because of his job and so I would wait and eat with him but it meant eating and then going to bed, not healthy so we talked and he suggested I eat before he gets home and then he will eat when he gets home. Although we are saving our nightly cup of tea to have together every night. It gives us time to unwind and share our days and the tea relaxes us so we sleep better. I have a patient who has been married 61 years and she told me her and her husband have a cup of tea together every day to make sure no matter how busy they get they have time together. I came home and told my boyfriend and we both had this big smile, as if we both knew it was a sign we are meant to be.

well i am off to reward myself with an at home pedicure. I reached my first 25 mile mark and last night i sat down and set rewards for my mile marks as well as weight loss marks. I have been doing research on Zumba since everyone here says it is so great that when I lose 30 pounds I am getting myself the set. I Love to dance and my boyfriend agreed to do it with me. He never danced until we went to my friend's wedding, now we have fun dancing in the house when we are home together.

*hugs*

Have a good night everyone.

I don't know about anyone else, but i feel connected to everyone here after reading your posts on this thread and knowing we are all supporting one another for a common goal. As you can tell I am having a great day today.

Off to pamper my stinky feet.

C.

Zumba with your boyfriend sounds fun, my hubby has 2 left feet. He does try but I usually burst out laughing and then we both start laughing and get nowhere.

Wish I has access to treadmill and bike etc. I used to go to a gym, but it got to be to much money. $35 a month $65 a couple.

keep it up

OMG this is a long day. All my morning patients canceled due to sickness, so I used the bike for half an hour, the arm bike for another half hour and since i only have one patient this afternoon i will use the eliptical and treadmill. Right now I am 8.6 miles closer to Bermuda then i was yesterday. Got a little emotional this morning and wanted to eat, but used the bike instead. I also started doing the knee program i give my patients with knee injuries. I know I have arthritis already so I might as well start. Plus I am curious if I keep it up does it really shape my legs. Maybe another way to get my patients to be compliant with their programs.

My boyfriend has two left feet at times too, but I am lucky in that he is willing to embarass himself with me. Now I just wish I could get the weight off quicker so I can reward myself with the DVD's, but it is great motivation. I was even thinking the kids dvd set would be fun to do with his daughters when they visit. I'm actually afraid the girls will have the same weight issues or worse growing up then i did. And hope that once they accept me as part of their father's life, then I can be a positive role model for them.

have a great afternoon everyone. Oh, with the holidays coming up and all of us trying to lose weight I was wondering if anyone wanted to share recipes. I do the majority of baking in my family, and actually plan on opening a bakery when I retire. It will be with a medical theme and i want to hire burnt out healthcare workers. I love the idea, homemade candies and cookies in medicine jars on the counters, the receipts will be prescriptions.

Oh well now that I am all off topic. Anyway, let me know about swapping recipes. I am making a low calorie carmel apple cheesecake for thanksgiving next week. Yummy. and wash it down with ice water.

*hugs*

C.

Hi everyone and BTW my name is Annette! It'll make it easier to post back and forth!

Shanna - The boot camp sounds so hard but awesome! Keep up the good work. Even if they offered something like that around here I don't think I could do it just yet! You only have 4 days left until your first goal date right? Good luck!!

CJE: Good job with the exercising. I think counting the miles to your cruise is a really cool way to set a goal! My dh would never ZUMBA with me! I chuckle even thinking of it!!! Last weekend there was a breast cancer benefit at the gym. I won a 3mo. membership and free sessions with a trainer. I tried to give it to dh but he said he don't like gyms. He'd rather work out at home. Oh well, whatever. I'll give it to my dad...

I took a Body Flex class for the first time today. It was weight lifting and muscle training, abs, lunges, etc... It was hard but I liked it. I think I'll stick with that one on Tuesdays.

Today was my 2nd week weigh in and I lost another 4 lbs! I'm now down a total of 11! I was really happy with a 4. So far so good...we'll see what this week brings!

I'm worried about the upcoming holidays. I have to say, it's only been 2 weeks but I haven't strayed from healthy eating at all. That's probably why I'm doing so good with the weight loss. I'm dying for a piece of pizza! Anyway, my son's b-day party is Sunday. Then Thanksgiving, then I'm going to NYC the first week of Dec. I'm worried I won't be able to stay focused. I know I'm bound to eat something bad for me but I'm trying to tell myself to only eat moderately and watch the portion control. Hopefully that will help. I don't have any recipes for "healthy" desserts but I'd love to hear some!!

Good luck this week everyone!

Anette good job with the weight loss. Just try to watch what you eat and make good healthy choices over then next few weeks. Not sure how old your son will be, but a nice alternative to a regular cake is a Jello cake, (rainbow cake) each flavor a different color. a lot less calories.

CJ... I go into offices that wish their pts would not show up, their days are so filled, with pts. they dont have a free min. Hopefully your days will even out.

As far as the miles go keep it up! your doing great.

Time to go make dinner. going to make pork stir fry

olive oil

diced pork

chopped veggies

stir fry seasoning

Glass of low fat milk

Almonds for a snack later tonight if I get a craving for somthing.

Annette, Great Job with the four pound loss. I think you will do fine with the next few weeks. The fact that you are worried about it, BTW so am I, tells me that you will do well. I wish I had a quarter for everyone looking forward to next week's start of the holiday season as an excuse to binge on junk food and then complain when they gained weight. If I lived closer i'ld offer to do the cake for your son's birthday. A great recipe for a low sugar cake with a lot of flavor is to take a regular cake mix and just add one can of diet soda, whichever one you want to use. Chocolate cake and diet dr. pepper is very good. It stays super moist and has less calories. I do not recommend the sugar free icing in the stores, tastes like toothpaste. I learned a lot about cutting out the sugar in recipes when my sister was pregnant 3 years ago with my nephew over the holidays. She developed diabetes during her pregnancy.

Well today i did 12 miles, half hour up and down the steps since i was bored, and a half hour on the treadmill in addition to the other work i mentioned earlier. I made salmon with roasted veges and made homemade bbq sauce to put on it. Yummy.

Well my boyfriend just got home so time for some quality tea time.

*HUGS*

C.

hello again, just dropping in to say I did 10.6 miles today, did half an hour each on the bike, arm bike and treadmill. Made fish for dinner with couscous and roasted green beans. (I am such a kid, i love to say couscous). for later it will be tea with my Honey!. (wow, i'm cheesy today)

Hope everyone had a wonderful day.

*HUGS*

C.

Great job with the 10+ miles.

We are having Orange chicken steamed veggies and brown rice.

Honeycrisp apple for snack if need it. I didnt need almonds last night.

Shanna, I want a boot camp update.

Have a great night,

Jody

it's another boring day here. did 10.6 miles today already half hour each with treadmill, bike and arm bike. this brings me to a total of 64.9 miles. Low pressure coming in so i think it is going to rain, giving me a headache so I'll go rest a little.

*HUGS*

Later.

C.

Hi everyone. Did anyone watch Biggest Loser on Tuesday. Man I was a crying mess. It was very emotional watching their transformations and hearing their stories. I was sorry to see Rebecca go. I liked her. She was on Leno that night and she weighs 157 and looks great. She's dating Daniel (from show). I was shocked. Anyway, I'm rambling on and I'm not even sure if you guys watch it. I'll stop now.:D

Glad to hear everyone's eating healthy meals and snacks. CJ - good job with the exercising. It sounds like you're pretty motivated now!

Gotta go make dinner. Just thought I'd check in to see what's new...Talk to ya soon!

Annette

Well i weighed myself this morning ( actually i weigh myself every morning, keeps me away from the junk food) and i have lost a total of 2.5 pounds this week. Had half a day at work today so did my workout before I left. Got in my usual 30 minutes each on the treadmill bike and arm bike. for a total of 10.6 miles today. Getting nervous because i am going to my friend's tastefully simple open house at 5 and don't want to end up eating junk that isn't good for me. I watched what I ate all morning and afternoon so far because I am making pasta with alfredo sauce tonight for dinner. We both are craving it so i am going to make it but only cook the portion size for each of us. This way no over eating for us. I will make more of the veges though because we always use them for lunch the next day. This way I am not depriving myself of anything that i like, but i'm not overdoing it. We are turning it into our date night. Instead of going out to eat we are cooking dinner together and getting dressed up and putting candles out on the table, followed by dancing in the living room. I'm really looking forward to it.

Have a good rest of your day girls and Happy Weekend!

*HUGS*

C.

Well...I am caught up on the thread...sounds like everyone here has a plan and that is great! I too have a goal for May 1st 2010...I want to lose a total of 60 pounds. I started October 29th and have lost 12 as of Monday. Not a bad start but lots of work left to do.

Finding this thread on the forums is great...other people using a cruise as the end goal for the weight loss. I am a little different in that I want to lose 60 by may and THEN keep it off for at least 6 months prior to going on a cruise. Maintaining has always been the hardest part for me.

I have started a blog (you can get to it by clicking on the link in my signature) to help keep me accountable and now i have this forum too! Looking forward to seeing the success of everyone here.

livetheater - great job 12 lbs is wonderful! keep at it. the holidays are always the worst for me. I'll go check out your blog.

I love the date night with candle light dinner. My honey is making dinner for me right now. Maybe I'll get out the candles.

Came home to a clean house today, BUT my scale is missing. Hubby says I can have it back next weekend after the company is gone. he doesn't want me to worry about my weight and enjoy the time with the family. I told him I'm still going to count my calories and he said that is fine.

Enjoy the night.

Good evening everyone. My romantic dinner did not happen last night. ended up having a family emergency. Everything is fine now, my grandfather just gave us all a good scare.

Anyway, I did my workout dvd today twice so that gives me 8 more miles closer to bermuda for a total of 83.5. going to try romantic dinner tonight since yesterday did not happen.

Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend.

Tomorrow My staff and I are going to decorate a christmas tree for Treefest. It is a display of local businesses and organizations of christmas trees goes on for over a week here and then the trees are donated to families that cannot afford one. we are all very excited.

Have a good night.

*HUGS*

C.

Archived