What time is it in port?

I am sailing on Explorer on an Eastern Caribbean itinerary in November.

Does anyone know what time the ship uses while docked in St. Thomas? Is it Caribbean time or East Coast time (ship time?). Apparently, in November, there is a one hour time difference between the two.

Thanks in advance.

Marilyn

Sometimes, the ship will change time to match the island---sometimes, it won't....it's up to the Captain.

No matter WHAT time it is at any given port, you need to check the ship's clocks and be on "ship's time"....there are clocks at every elevator bank. Synchronize your watch.

If you're concerned about a private excursion, go by ship's time---your tour guide understands these "time" issues!

Sometimes, the ship will change time to match the island---sometimes, it won't....it's up to the Captain.

No matter WHAT time it is at any given port, you need to check the ship's clocks and be on "ship's time"....there are clocks at every elevator bank. Synchronize your watch.

If you're concerned about a private excursion, go by ship's time---your tour guide understands these "time" issues!

Hi CB, Thanks. I am on a private excursion and the guide has asked me this question!

I have a similar problem on Celebrity and still don't know the answer. I have been to the Caribbean where they have changed time on the ship and other times when they have not. However, the total time in port is usually what your itinerary states (that is, if you get in one hour late according to local time, you will leave one hour late).

As others have said, your ship may have a different time, just know way to be sure unless you are there. The other "problem" is right now Eastern Daylight Time is same as Atlantic Standard Time which is the time zone for St. Thomas. We go off EDT and return to Eastern Standard in November.

Archived