Verandah size larger on Eurodam Deck 4 VD Category?

Runaways

We're new to this Board and have just booked our first Holland America cruise (20 days West then East Mediterranean next April 29). We don't know anyone who's sailed on the Eurodam and would be grateful if someone could clarify if there are differences in balcony sizes on this ship. An earlier thread states that VD balconies are smaller then VE, but our travel agent advised us the opposite is the case. Love to hear from anyone who's sailed on her recently. We're booked in 4146. Thanks in advance.

Runaways, Qld.

Australia:)

We were in VD 4141 on the Eurodam in March and can say that your TA is definitely right. The VD balconys on deck 4 extend out from the ship approximately 1.5 to 2 feet more than those on deck 5. The result is that your balcony will be covered for the most part and then partially exposed.

VD's on deck 4 are great! Enjoy your cruise!

Taxmantoo is absolutely correct. Balcony is 1.5 feet deeper than standard.

I think your travel agent is a treasure. Never met one yet who could read deck plans - yours is the first exception.

The cabin choice is perfect - close to the stairs/elevators.

Have a wonderful cruise!

We're new to this Board and have just booked our first Holland America cruise (20 days West then East Mediterranean next April 29). We don't know anyone who's sailed on the Eurodam and would be grateful if someone could clarify if there are differences in balcony sizes on this ship. An earlier thread states that VD balconies are smaller then VE, but our travel agent advised us the opposite is the case. Love to hear from anyone who's sailed on her recently. We're booked in 4146. Thanks in advance.

Runaways, Qld.

Australia:)

While DH and I were on the Eurodam in April I took a peak at the VD cabins and they are great! We are booked on the Zuiderdam in Jan and got VD4140. I think you will love your location! Have a great cruise.:)

Archived