Prices of shore excursions/tours from the port?

rmartin1286

My upcoming cruise will include my first visit to Costa Maya, and I have a question about tours: Has anyone ever taken a tour or shore excursion from the port instead of booking one in advance before you leave home? I've always bought tours directly at the pier upon arrival in a port, and would prefer to do it this way. Any good experiences, tips, recommendations, etc? Also, what price did you pay? I'm looking for something a little cheaper than the tours you book in advance.

We did not buy any, but there were several offered. Some to the ruins, some to a beach resort (not sure where) ATV tours. In town there were some being offered also,ruins, snorkel trips, jet skis and a sail boat tour. Walk thru the port area to the back and there is a booth there selling tours, renting golf carts and selling taxi tickets.

I have booked TheNativeChoice for our stop in Costa Maya next week. We are going to Kohunlich, but they also go on other excursions, also. I asked them about the 6 people minimum, and they said if they don't have 6 people on the tour, they will take us in a car, with a driver and a tour guide. Or we can cancel if we are uncomfortable with that. So we are taking our chances with them. They received high marks on the CC boards. They are at www thenativechoice dot com.

I'll try to remember to update you when we get back.

I have booked TheNativeChoice for our stop in Costa Maya next week. We are going to Kohunlich, but they also go on other excursions, also. I asked them about the 6 people minimum, and they said if they don't have 6 people on the tour, they will take us in a car, with a driver and a tour guide. Or we can cancel if we are uncomfortable with that. So we are taking our chances with them. They received high marks on the CC boards. They are at www thenativechoice dot com.

I'll try to remember to update you when we get back.

thanks for the info - I'll e-mail them right now

Archived