Debarkation from short cruise

CanWeGoYet?

Have a 3 day cruise planned, and wondering what the best strategy will be for debarkation. Do most people carry their own luggage and do the self disembark on these shorter cruises? I have only been on 7 day or longer cruises, so have no experience to draw from. I don't want to carry my luggage to get off the ship quicker if the aisles will be clogged with too many others trying to do the same thing. Advice?

I've only done self assist on my 3 day Paradise sailing and I have to say, I think most of the ship did too. With such a short sailing, I think a lot of people have baggage that's easily carried off. We're about to book a 3 day Elation and we'll probably be doing self assist for that reason. Plus we're going to have a 6 hour car ride ahead of us so we'll be ready to get the show on the road!

But, with that being said, Paradise had the earliest start time for self assist of all my sailings...it started at 6:30 and we were called at 7:30. Off and through customs within 20 minutes.

Archived