Junior Suite 9338 or 9638?

I know this sounds rediculous, but I have my choice of junior suite 9338 or 9638 on the hump in the Freedom class. I'm looking for the one that has the beds on the right-hand side. Anybody know for sure?

Do you mean that you need them to be on the right as you enter through the door, or you need them to be either on the closer-to-the-bow wall or the closer-to-the-aft wall?

I know this sounds rediculous, but I have my choice of junior suite 9338 or 9638 on the hump in the Freedom class. I'm looking for the one that has the beds on the right-hand side. Anybody know for sure?

Hi there, every cruise we have been on with balcony cabins the beds are on the right hand side as you enter the cabin. However, I like to sleep facing the direction of travel, so I prefer to be on the starboard side, except when we were on the stern - really hated that one going across the North Sea.

I do know that the Grand Suite and Royal Suite are different though.

Shame, obviously did not have the best cabin attendant on the ship, better luck next time:):)

quoote=The Grumpus;21610400]I've had 9638 on Freedom and this is it. Looks like the bed is to the right as you walk in which means towards the bow. Please excuse the mess.:)

9638.jpg

9338 on Freedom and Liberty had the head of the bed towards the bow. Therefore, you would be traveling "backwards" It was an excellent cabin and 9338/9638 are our choice of cabins on the Freedom class ships.

9338 on Freedom and Liberty had the head of the bed towards the bow. Therefore, you would be traveling "backwards" It was an excellent cabin and 9338/9638 are our choice of cabins on the Freedom class ships.

Hypo & The Grumpus,

Do you have a few more pics of these cabins to post? I also have a JS on the hump and am getting more excited each day. Would love to see more photos of the cabin and balcony. Tks. :D

Hypo & The Grumpus,

Do you have a few more pics of these cabins to post? I also have a JS on the hump and am getting more excited each day. Would love to see more photos of the cabin and balcony. Tks. :D

Here's the view leaving Miami. Of course it's PC now.

FOS-Miami.jpg

Here's 9638's couch.

couch.jpg

Here's the balcony sort of. We also had cabins 9634 & 9632 so the attendant opened the partitions for us.

balcony-freedom.jpg

Here's the TV in 9638. There was a medivac on the last day of the cruise so the captain televised it so we all wouldn't run up to the bow watch in person.

tv.jpg

Thank you so much The Grumpus!

Now I'm going to push my luck and ask if you have a picture of the cabin taken from the door area. I'm wondering about the chair. Crazy, I know. I'm wondering if it takes up most of the floor space.

Love your pics!! :p

LOL.. thanks! I checked and I don't have any pics of the chair or from the door, guess I suck at cabin documentation.:p I don't recall it being in the way though, I think you'll be pleased. I would say if there is one issue with this cabin, it would be that the piano in the Royal Suite is directly above it. For our cruise the people in RS only played the piano during the day so it didn't bother us... but we could clearly hear it. Had they been partying & playing that piano all night long, I probably would have had to gone up there and joined them.;)

LOL.. thanks! I checked and I don't have any pics of the chair or from the door, guess I suck at cabin documentation.:p I don't recall it being in the way though, I think you'll be pleased. I would say if there is one issue with this cabin, it would be that the piano in the Royal Suite is directly above it. For our cruise the people in RS only played the piano during the day so it didn't bother us... but we could clearly hear it. Had they been partying & playing that piano all night long, I probably would have had to gone up there and joined them.;)

Ha ha, I guess if you can't beat em, join em!!

You do not suck at all. The pics are great. Keep posting them if you like, I love to look at them. Do you have anymore of the balcony before they opened them up? My kids have adjoining cabins, I hope they will do the same for them.

I love your upcoming cruise "ships" below your posts. May I ask where you found them?

Ha ha, I guess if you can't beat em, join em!!

You do not suck at all. The pics are great. Keep posting them if you like, I love to look at them. Do you have anymore of the balcony before they opened them up? My kids have adjoining cabins, I hope they will do the same for them.

I love your upcoming cruise "ships" below your posts. May I ask where you found them?

Hehehe, yes... I'm on a cruise to have fun, not to stop it.;) I'll take a look, I think I have a few other unusual pics from that cabin & cruise. I've never had a problem with RCCL opening the balcony partitions in the past so I can't imagine them saying no. There was an issue on =X= Solstice because they said the winds were too high but they opened them up on day.

Well done, I love them!!
Thanks! I add a few new pics in the "All things Freedom of the Seas" thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=21613587&posted=1#post21613587

I don't want to be hijacking the OP's thread anymore than I already have.;)

Have a great cruise, OP! I don't think you can go wrong with either 9638 or 9338.:)

Archived