clothing for winter cruise

linet

linet,

Temperatures on board should always be quite comfortable - we travelled on the Amalegro in May/June 2007 and always found conditions to be fine.

I think the best way to describe dress code would be "neat casual" - some people did dress up but most did not go over the top in the fashion stakes.

We will be travelling on the Ruby leaving Amsterdam on the 21st Dec.

Both times I've been on a Christmas Markets cruise with GCT, I've found it to be mostly comfortable inside but sometimes drafty if sitting near a window. It was nice to have a light sweater of some sort to put on during those times. I'd really recommend dressing in layers at all times to be on the safe side. Most evenings were pretty informal, lots of people wearing nice jeans even. Only a couple of nights were more dressy with sparkly sweaters for the welcome aboard and goodbye dinners. Can't say I noticed hardly any men in sport coats either.

• 1 month later...

We cruised the River Seine in April and I found that silky type long underwear (like CudleDuds or other light weights) were invaluable under pants and blouses. There is a chill on the air when you're on the river. Other ladies were envious and tried to find the same in stores along the route, but none were to be had. They're a smart investment and take up little space because they are thin & silky.

Enjoy your cruise,

Mickie

Archived