Hampton Inn, Blue Lagoon

chukeee

Ok folks, give me the good, the bad, and the ugly. We are considering this hotel for a pre-cruise stay for one night in Jan. Good area?

They say there are restaurants within walking distance, true? Is it safe to walk? Is there a liquor store close? Between the following, which one:

Hyatt Place, Miami Airport West

Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriot

Holiday Inn Express, Miami International Airport

Oh and forgot the Indian Creek Hotel.

This is for a group of 20 that will not be arriving until 4 p.m. the day before the cruise. All but one couple are flying and the other is driving and will need parking. Would just like to maybe relax around the pool. Walk someplace to eat dinner, and possibly visit a liquor store and market for some soda. Which of the above would be best for us. Thanks so much for your help. I rely on cruisecritic for everything and don't know what I would do without you:)

Hampton Inn Blue Lagoon is a nice place in a safe location. Of the airport hotels that one is your best bet. There is a strip mall with a Publix grocery and a liquor store across the street, as well as some sit down and several fast food restaurants. There's also a Walgreens and CVS across the street.

As for Indian Creek hotel on the beach. I haven't been in it, but it doesn't look like much from the outside, and there's nothing to walk to from there. It's in an area of nothing but condos and old apt. buildings. It's a pretty good hike from there to the shopping and dining areas of South Beach.

Archived