Moby Dick's unairconditioned bus?

JAKcruiser

We're considering taking Moby Dick's stingray tour but are a little concerned with how uncomfortable it will be riding in an unairconditioned bus to the dock. We have a couple in the group that get car sick so the idea of no air conditioning makes me nervous.

ย 

Anyone want to share their thoughts or experience with us?

You're not on the bus for that long...it's only about 15 minutes each way, maybe? The only problem might be if some people aren't on time for the tour departure, in which case I'd recommend not getting on the shuttle bus until just before the driver is ready to depart. I'm sure it wouldn't be a problem to stand beside the bus while you're waiting rather than sitting on it...

We booked with Moby Dick a few months ago but cancelled and changed it to Captain Marvin's when we read reports of Moby Dick using a hot clunker of a school bus rather than an air conditioned van. After having to sit on the sunny side of the boat, it felt great to get into a cool van. Captain Marvin's was even $5.00 cheaper!

• 1 month later...
I looked all over their website and didn't see anything about an unairconditioned bus? I'll be on their tour in a couple days and will report back when we get home :)

ย 

So did you survive the busride? Wondering how your tour with Moby Dick was and was the unairconditioned bus really that bad? (I am considering this tour for January!)

ย 

Any feedback greatly appreciated!

ย 

Thanks,

O.K.........................it's true, the bus is a clunker/schoolbus type transport. No AC. But, the windows were all open, and there was plenty of breeze to circulate the air. I don't remember being hot on the bus as being an issue. I remember it as a fun ride. Actually, we always opt for a "no AC" ride if we can, because we like to hear the sounds and smell the smells of wherever we are visiting. But, I can certainly see that it might be a problem if a person gets carsick, or needs the comfort of a cool temperature.

Huh, I wonder if this is recent.

ย 

We went in May 2007 and honestly I can't remember if there was A/C or not. The windows were open and it was comfortable. But it definitely wasn't a clunker or bus, it was a big 15 passenger van.

Archived