6 day Mercury out of S.F. Question?

Renorita

Hi, We are considering the 6 day Cruise on the Mercury out of S.F. to the inside passage and back to Vancouver. Has anyone sailed this itinerary? This would be our first Celebrity. Want to do the Galaxy to the P.C. next year, but this would be a nice close one for us to start with.

We have not done the 6 day, but we just did a 10 day up to Alaska last year out of San Francisco. The cruise was great, we think only the Panama Canal can beat sailing out unger the Golden Gate. The one down side is the seas can be very rough once out side the bay. On our cruise north we had one rough first day, but the seas were like glass after that. The other cruises we have gone out and in San Francisco have all been smooth. The cruise would be a great warm up for your Panama Canal cruise.

Thank you for your replies. I am wondering if this may be a new cruise, as it is only scheduled for one sailing date that I can find. I thought the prices were pretty good at $699 ( or close ) for an inside. Can also hope for an upgrade!:)

Cruisepest - Did you drive or fly into S.F., and if the latter, whats the best way to get to the pier? I have seen threads of getting to the Airport from the pier, but none from the airport to the pier.

Archived