PV: Getting City Tour/Zip Line Once There

PassionFruit

How is it to hire a van the day we get to PV to do show us the highlights of the city and take us to Chicco's Paradise for lunch/zip line and then back to the ship? Will there be plenty of vans for hire? We will have 5 adults and 2 small children, so we'll definitely need a van rather than car. Also, will it be possible to find one with seatbelts if we bring our car seats for the kids? Anybody know the approx cost to hire a van for the day? And, finally....is there any need to book Chicco's Paradise zip line ahead of time or will we be able to just go there and do it?

TIA for the help!

We had a private driver last year in p. vallarta. Had a great day, toured around in a van that could hold 8 to 10 persons.

We booked it in advance and the driver was waiting for us at the dock.

I think they charged a rate of $ 35.- per hour, no matter how many persons.

(We used this for 4 persons) By e-mail we discussed what we wanted to do and see.

Check their website or send an email to ****************************************

I have been several times and always do the same thing as I seem to have someone with me that has never been before.

When you depart the ship there will be many vans and taxis at the pier. The moment you hesitate you will be approached as they know you are wanting a day trip.

They all go to the same places, the highlights of town. What you do need to check is, do they speak good english (and most will), but you want them to give you full explanations on what you are seeing. You want a good tour guide as well as being taken around. Pick a nice, newer vehicle. If it's warm, make sure the ac is working well. I always check to see if the seatbelts are good...and there are plenty of big windows to see out of. Check the tires, make sure they are in good condition.

I think the last time we went there were about 6 of us. We were gone for about 3-4 hours. I don't think it cost more than $20 pp for those 4 hours.

Just make certain whatever you do......do it first getting off the ship, for if you run into any problems, you want to have several hours AFTER your tour to get back to the ship...for it will not wait for you if you have not booked an excursion through the line.

Archived