Do you cruise w/family & friends or cruise to escape from them?

cctn

Thank you Carol for the advice...

Its always worked for us before but again I have never cruised with all women. I think I just have to let things happen and not worry about it. I think as the cruise gets closer I might just suggest things for the ladies to do but make sure they don't feel obligated.:o

I am sure it'll work out for you. Where is Rialto CA? I have a CA Cruisers thread you are welcome to join... just click on my Signature - the link is there....carol

• 1 month later...

We went on one cruise with three other couples and had a GREAT time! On one cruise we took my Mother and her sister (my Aunt) as a Christmas present and Birthday present to my Mother. It was her 87th birthday, 1/9/1919, but as usual she tried hard to ruin it.

On our next cruise (June 2010) we will be taking our grandchildren (12 & 10) and can hardly wait!

We would love to sail with our daughter and her DH and the grandchildren, but it has never worked out.

All of our other cruises have been just DH and I and that has been great also!

I love cruising anyway, anytime!

• 11 months later...
We do both - there are times when it's nice to celebrate occasions & your family/friends are with you - and then again, it's nice just to be a couple, traveling without companions and being with just each other. Corkey

My preference is just to cruise with DH. When we cruise with anyone else, they expect to be attached at the hip the entire time.

My preference is just to cruise with DH. When we cruise with anyone else' date=' they expect to be attached at the hip the entire time.[/quote']

I didn't realize this thread was revived -- thank you cruisin'tex and gelo7 --

Yes, if cruise with folks who expect to be attached at your hip - then it won't be fun -- unless people really want to be together -

on my next cruise next week, we are bringing our nephew and his wife - first time cruisers - actually honeymooners - soooooo.... I am sure they will want to be solo for most of our cruise time - we will guide them and tell them about tours, beaches, etc... activities on the ship, and it's up to them - hey! since hubby and I have been married for 35 yrs now, it's also OUR honeymoon cruise, each and every cruise is a honeymoon cruise as far as I am concerned!! all over 33 or 35 of our cruises, lost track - but that's not a lot compared to those who have sailed close or over 100 times!

Corkey Carol

We have cruised with friends (that we met on a cruise) and we have had a great time. We have cruised with family (one couple at a time) and have had a great time. We have curised with family (four couples) and did a week of hurry up and wait. Jump to your own conclusions.

I am about to embark on my very first cruise and I am leaving kids and hubby behind! Just me and my best friend! The both of us need a vaca away from life itself and even though I would love to have my husband there to share it with me ya I am happy I am spending it with her instead lol

just got back from our Freedom of the Seas cruise - took our nephew and his wife with us and we all had fun - more on this later..... thanx for all the posters - trying to keep this thread going... carol

Archived