Questions about flight home and hotels

Luka02

Hey everyone. I posted a question on the pre-hotel board but I haven't had a response yet. Maybe someone can help. My husband and I will be arriving a day early for Feb. 05 Star cruise. Since we will be arriving late, we aren't sure where to stay. (close to the airport vs. close to the pier) Any suggestions? Which pier does the Star leave from? Also, our flight home leaves at 1:00. Will we make it to the airport in time? Thanks!

I believe the Star leaves on the 6th - we are booked on it - we are staying at the Sheraton Airport for $49 plus tax on Priceline - we are using BC express to get to the ship - if you stay there you can ride with us - he charges $6 pp.

Ron

We also used the Sheraton off priceline and BC's on our last cruise and had great luck with both.

It's kind of a toss up if you'll get the Sheraton or the Wydham on a bid for $45 to $50 for a 3 star, airport location but we've stayed at both and both are just fine.

I think you're in good shape on your return flight time, should be no problem. I would suggest making transportation plans to the airport after your cruise though. More and more we read that the taxi system is sometimes stretched to the limit causing reason for concern even though the airport is ten minutes from the cruiseport.

As far as I can tell there will be seven ships* in port at the time of your embarkation which should not affect you much. On the return (13th) I see 5 ships* which is not all that bad.

It seems to be becoming accepted that over four ships is reason for concern though and taxi's may be at a premium. Still, your flight is not until 1PM so you've got plenty of time.

*source: www.cruisecal.com

Archived