Disembarkation day - Adventure OS

We have flights that mean we do not need to leave for the airport in San Juan until around 4pm. I know that we are disembarked from the ship by 10a.m. Our flights were included in the cruise package so we get transfers from airport to ship included. If we wanted to go off for the day to see a bit more of San Juan and get our own taxi to the airport will we have to take our suitcases with us. I think I read somewhere on these board that RCCL do a coach trip that day for people who have late afternoon or evening flights but we would rather do our own thing. Just wondered if they do this could we put our suitcases on their coach.

Alternatively is there a hotel that does a day pass where we could leave our cases and use their facilities until we need to depart to the airport.

I don't think they'll take "unaccompanied" bags....and the airport sure won't! Check if your airline has the "luggage valet" that will take your bags directly from the ship. It will cost a bit, but you won't have to lug them around!

I don't think they'll take "unaccompanied" bags....and the airport sure won't! Check if your airline has the "luggage valet" that will take your bags directly from the ship. It will cost a bit, but you won't have to lug them around!

If memory serves, the luggage valet service is only for flights within the U.S.

Some hotels do have a day pass. I also think Barachinna's in Old San Juan will hold luggage for a fee.

Last month we stayed the night prior to our Adventure cruise at the Condado Plaza. Since our flight coming home the following Sunday did not depart until 5:40 pm, we called about a month before our arrival to inquire about a day room (you must be out of the room by 5 pm). We were off the ship and checked into the Condado by 9 am - were at the pool shortly after. We spent a relaxing day at the pool before ordering room service for a late lunch. We showered and relaxed a bit before heading to the airport. This was our third trip on the Adventure - we have flown home on Monday and gone on the Rain Forest tour before being dropped off at the airport in our first two trips. We have enjoyed all of our Adventure cruises and San Juan, but I must say if you are flying home later in the day, having a room makes for a very relaxing end of your vacation!

Last month we stayed the night prior to our Adventure cruise at the Condado Plaza. Since our flight coming home the following Sunday did not depart until 5:40 pm, we called about a month before our arrival to inquire about a day room (you must be out of the room by 5 pm). We were off the ship and checked into the Condado by 9 am - were at the pool shortly after. We spent a relaxing day at the pool before ordering room service for a late lunch. We showered and relaxed a bit before heading to the airport. This was our third trip on the Adventure - we have flown home on Monday and gone on the Rain Forest tour before being dropped off at the airport in our first two trips. We have enjoyed all of our Adventure cruises and San Juan, but I must say if you are flying home later in the day, having a room makes for a very relaxing end of your vacation!

Hi Cab55

Can you tell me how much you paid for the room/day pass at the Condado. We are a party of 5 could they accommodate in one room.

Just an fyi...we stayed at the Condado in January when we flew in the night before we sailed, the place is absolutely gorgeous, right on the ocean and a very nice pool. Friends of ours did the day pass when we came back because they had a late flight, unfortunately I don't know how much it cost. Give them a call....

We have found out that Barrachina store luggage and the place looks really nice and is close the the piers - check out their website at www.barrachina.com

This could be a good alternative for us. Hope it of help.

FYI Barachina is in Old San Juan. Adventure will dock at the Pan Am Pier. It is about a 15 - 20 minute taxi ride to OSJ.

FYI Barachina is in Old San Juan. Adventure will dock at the Pan Am Pier. It is about a 15 - 20 minute taxi ride to OSJ.

Thanks Mike

We would have had to take a taxi anyway as we have an 89 year old mum with us. Does anyone know the approx cost of taxi and also on Barrachina web site they say luggage storage is free to cruisers. Is that still the case (oh sorry excuse the pun).

We kinda thought we would use the luggage storage there and (this is going to sound horrible but mum does not mind and we do do it with her on hols) leave her sitting reading her book and of course a nice drink while we went off for a little while and then came back and had a nice drink and something to eat there before we head off to the airport. Anyone know if the food is ok.

Archived